May be time to get a Jag...

gangzoom

Probably gangzoom is a member on other forums, but I for one would feel we would be the poorer for not discussing other Marques, upcoming technology etc ....... in the appropriate parts of this forum

If you don't agree with someone's point of view make a polite comment (or not comment at all) and move on.

I agree with you in that I'm not a fan of electric cars, however, they definitely have a place and I'm happy to discuss them

.... but you do seem to have contradicted yourself slightly ..... we are all here for our passion of cars whatever form they come in

• Like 2

I wouldn't think anyone would buy one to try and intimidate other drivers , we bought our SUV (Land Rover) back in 1999 for the following reasons

1) Easy to put a baby/small child/dog into

2) Big boot

3) 4wd (We had been snowed into our village the year before)

4) On country roads the driving position means you can see over hedges and be seen

Number 4 is the same reason we are considering a Toyota C-HR at the moment

SUV's are very popular and not everyone who drives one is a **** , most of them would really suit being electric, the Mitsubishi PHEV has been a huge success

• Like 1

^ Am interested how I get on with the X, for ferrying the sprog around am sure its going to be great interms of interior space comfort, but not sure about the size.

If I really cannot get on with it than lucky residuals are excellent so swapping out to something like an iPace will be easy.

Edited by gangzoom

^ Am interested how I get on with the X, for ferrying the sprog around am sure its going to be great interms of interior space comfort, but not sure about the size.

If I really cannot get on with it than lucky residuals are excellent so swapping out to something like an iPace will be easy.

I sat in an x at the classic car show at the excel last weekend and really liked it, one thing I did notice was the middle row of seats was quite slim, Have your tried it with a baby seat yet? I'm noticing things like this now I've got a chavvy on the way.

Sorry for this post having a hint of mumsnet :lol:

We've gone for 6 seater option so no middle seat, but two third row seats with ISOFIX points. Our X is now finally in the UK but sadly we are not. But will have it on the drive very soon :).

But I don't want to distract this Jag thread with anyone more Tesla talk.... I'll save that for another post, am sure a few on here cannot wait to hear more about EVs :).

Edited by gangzoom
  • Like 1

http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/motor-shows-la-motor-show/2018-jaguar-i-pace-electric-suv-revealed-plus-exclusive-autocar

Looking like the real deal, and am 100% sure the iPace will be on UK roads before the Tesla Model 3.

Only issue now is the price, I reckon your need to spend £60k on even the most basic version, add in a few options and itll be closer to £70k. So an 'affordable' car the iPace will certainly not be, but its in the ball park figure of a RR/SQS7/Model X etc....

Humm if the iPace turns out well and I can get decent trade in on the X, my Tesla ownership history may not even last 12 months!!