Your perfect 10 car garage, let's have it! :)

Aashenfox

This is mine...took me a little thought, looking forward to reading yours!

Renaultsport Clio V6

Nissan Skyline R34 GTR

Lamborghini Miura

Mk1 Volkswagen Golf GTi cabriolet

Ferrari F355

Honda S2000

KTM X-Bow

AMG G63 (for those weekends away)

Bugatti Veyron (cos you just have to)

Porsche Carrera GT (the 'one' for me)

Honorable mentions:

Jaguar E-Type

Lancia Delta HF Integrale Evo2

Lotus Exige

TVR Tuscan

05 Mini Cooper S (supercharged, not turbo)

Edited by Aashenfox

10! Lot of choice there. ok;

Lambo Miura

Datsun 240z

964 Turbo

993 GT2

997 GT2 as a track toy

e-type (maybe)

DB5

Lancia Stratos

Bowler Wildcat

Then something big and diesel for sensible ish trips.

The e type may be exchangeable for an F40. Undecided right now.

Very interesting topic. I'm an older bloke so some of my choices are a bit historic. I'll try to start with the most modern.

350z

Honda NSX

Chevy Camaro

Skyline R32 GTR

Lister Storm

Alfa Romeo SZ

Datsun 240z

De Tomaso Pantera

Sunbeam Tiger

Jaguar D Type

Edited by SkidRisk

Lexus LFA

Nissan Skyline R-34 GT-R Z-Tune

Tommy Kaira ZZII

Porsche 911 GT3RS

Honda NSX-R GT

Toyota 2000GT

Datsun Fairlady Z 432

Ferrari Enzo

Lamborghini Reventon

Suzuki Escudo PP edition

Edited by -G-

Very interesting topic. I'm an older bloke so some of my choices are a bit historic. I'll try to start with the most modern.

350z

Honda NSX

Chevy Camaro

Skyline R32 GTR

Lister Storm

Alfa Romeo SZ

Datsun 240z

De Tomaso Pantera

Sunbeam Tiger

Jaguar D Type

I must be an older bloke too cos I love that selection.Always loved the De Tomaso Pantera (especially the GR.5) in metallic blue with gold split rims

Mazda RX7

De Tomaso Pantera GR5 (Blue with Gold Split Rims)

Ford GT40

Nissan Skyline R32 GTR

Nissan 350z with all carbon panels but painted so you can't tell. Twin Turbo set up.

Ferrari 308 GTB (with carbs)

Ferrari 458 GT2

Merc C63 AMG Black

Sierra Sapphire Cosworth

McLaren F1

Edited by DrMurderDeath
  • Like 1

10! Lot of choice there. ok;

Lambo Miura

Datsun 240z

964 Turbo

993 GT2

997 GT2 as a track toy

e-type (maybe)

DB5

Lancia Stratos

Bowler Wildcat

Then something big and diesel for sensible ish trips.

The e type may be exchangeable for an F40. Undecided right now.

I forgot about the F40 tbh, maybe I should swap the 355. I considered the Bowler (I would have gone for an EXR), but then swapped it for the AMG G63 figuring I could do Bowler kind of stuff with that, then go to a night at the proms, then on a road trip to Moscow. :D

No-one needs ten cars, I can do it in three.

F12berlinetta, for Euro jaunts and general V12 goodness

997 C2S with a manual 'box and a host of suspension upgrades, for use as a daily drive

Exige S, for winning at trackdays

I genuinely wouldn't need anything else at all. I may trade cars in and out of that selection at times (Caterham for the Lotus, Lambo for the Ferrari, a different kind of 911 for the 911) but that'd be my starting point. I wouldn't want a specific set of cars, I'd want to change them up frequently. Hell, I'll just take one car at a time and do everything with that, change it every 6mths or so. :)

• Like 1

Dan, I'm the same as you, I wouldn't need more than three :)

1. Ferrari F12 Berlinetta, for Euro jaunts and general V12 goodness

2. Subaru Impreza WRX STi for use as a daily drive

3. Exige 240, for winning at track days

I may just chuck a Ducati Supersport 1000 in there also for shits and giggles :)

• Like 1

I think my list would be something like:

Nissan 350z HR, stroked and fully built

Audi RS6 Avant

Nissan R32 Skyline GT-R

Mazda MX5 Supercharged

Ferrari F50

McLaren F1 LM

Subaru Impreza 22B

Pagani Zonda F Clubsport

Porsche 911 GT3 RS 4.0

Lotus Carlton

The RS6 is for when I need lots of luggage space. The MX5 is the shed to throw around in the wet, because the others are too nice / scary for that. The Lotus Carlton is a bit of a wildcard because I had a few that I couldn't choose from.

An F12 is tempting, but they don't come with proper gearboxes.

Not picking on your particularly here Bobby, it's just that yours is the first post I noticed :lol: Same applies to the other who have similar cars in their collection...

With an F50, F1 and Zonda in the collection, how do you decide which one to take where? For me, they all fill the exact same brief in being mental analogue V12 supercars, so either you'd find your favourite one and only use that or you'd never really get the chance to 'learn' all three. It's a lovely sunny day, you're going out on some wide empty roads, which does your heart say you'd take?

Same with the 350, the 911, the 22B and the R32: They're all roughly the same size, roughly as quick as each other on the road, similar luggage space etc. What would make you choose the R32 over the 22B, for example? As much as I like the 350Z, I can't imagine anyone would ever pick that to drive over the 997 4L (I assume 997 as you say about the proper gearbox comment) in any occasion.

RS6 as a load lugger I get, and the MX5 too (although I wouldn't say an s/c'd MX5 is much more capable in the rain than the 22B). The Carlton I assume because childhood, as I can't see a single time you'd take that over the Audi.

• Like 1

Yes you're correct Dan, and I largely agree with your comment about only needing 3 cars. But as the OP asked for 10... :p

I would add though that I would imagine (hope?) that the cars that are similar to each other in my list (e.g. F1, Zonda and F50) still have their own unique character and are different enough to drive that I could enjoy each for what they are.

I stand by the MX5 - it's not a question of how capable it is, more that I wouldn't be that put out if I backed it through a hedge (relatively speaking).

• Like 1

Lexus LFA

R34 GT-R

Elemental RP1 (which I am sure I would eventually swap out for an Exige S Roadster once I have been scared to hell and back by it!)

As above, ten cars just means listing out lots of range topping super cars, 3 (or 5) is much more challenging. With those three I would never step into my garage and think I need something else.

As when I've done these "dream" lists in the past not all my vehicles would be cars necessarily because as Dan mentions some cars would just fill the same roll as others and it would be such a shame just having loads of cars sat there mainly unused.

Got some new ideas since I last did a list so at the moment it would be something like this...

• McLaren F1 LM.
  • 1970's Plymouth Cuda AAR.
  • Ferrari F355.
  • Bowler Wildcat (all terrain).
  • FV150 Warrior Infantry Section Vehicle (basically a miniature tank ~ for if the world goes to sh*t or the Zombies attack :lol: ).
  • Nissan R35 GTR (set up for track use).
  • 1980's Porsche 911 Turbo.
  • Dragster vehicle ~ maybe an old American muscle car set up for drag racing: Charger R/T or similar.
  • BMW M5 (V10 ~ just as a long distance motorway cruiser).
  • Nissan 370Z Nismo edition (because it would be nice to own & go to meets/shows with).

:thumbs:

• Like 1

Damn, I definitely should have thought of that! Still, I think I'm still covered with my AMG G63! I'll just weld some spikes and stuff onto it. :lol:

Seriously, though, beast. Zombie squashing in style. ;)

Even the sexy Range Rover behind, totally outclassed.

50e156__220150130-_BS_5712.jpg

Edited by Aashenfox

Some people are too logical with their dream garages :p

1. Skyline R34 GTR Z tune

2. Aston Martin one 77

3. Scania ADL E300S

4. Peel p50

5. Mclaren P1 -

6. Caterham 620R

7. Rolls Royce Dawn

8. Mercedes G Wagon

9. Some daft sleeper of some description.

and 10.

153265_mobile%201_zpsjhvtbcry.jpg

Edited by TomBorehamUK
  • Like 1

Like the idea of the anti-zombie vehicle, hadn't thought of that!

Yep Zombies are the next big threat I'm positive. :dry::lol:

Damn, I definitely should have thought of that! Still, I think I'm still covered with my AMG G63! I'll just weld some spikes and stuff onto it. :lol:

Seriously, though, beast. Zombie squashing in style. ;)

Even the sexy Range Rover behind, totally outclassed.

I like where you're going but the G-Wagon would be a poor choice in a Zombie Apocalypse imo. I mean you'd only need to try to run over 10 or 12 Zombies at once and it'd probably ground the wagon to a halt. :surrender:;)

My FV150 Warrior however would not have such a problem ~ it weighs in at around 25ton, is a tracked vehicle, has a 30mm cannon for long distance Zombie destruction and can carry 10 people in all including the driver.

300px-MCV-80.jpg

B):D