one of those 'whats it worth' things..

Tom-89

So I'm having a big life dilemma.

I moved to London recently and I'm struggling with 2 cars (also have a 320d, needed to tow a motorbike, commute), usage wise and parking wise. I' ve had the Z for about 15 months now and absolutely love it... BUT the situation is far from ideal so I've been toying with chopping them both in to compromsie with a 325/330d m sport, still undecided but wondering what sort of money I could expect from my Z

Basics

- '04 Import with 63k miles. fsh from import and oil & K&N filter done around 1k miles ago.

- It's been remapped, no import limiter.

- Chilli red with black and chrome 19's, very few marks on the alloys

- Interior is (as far as I know) custom. half red leather.

- sat nav/dvd player, not the standard satnav unit

- MOT until next July, no advisories.

Extras

- Carbon bonnet

- Nismo V2 bumper with carbon lip

- Blitz stye rear lip spoiler

- Tein S Tech springs (less than 1y old, sits very nicely)

- Chargespeed carbon mirrors

- Carbon engine cover

- Nismo oil filler cap

- GReddy strut brace

- GReddy induction kit

- Invidia Gemini catback

- MOMO commando steering wheel

- slight tint to the windows (to the point where I wasn't sure if they were actually tinted to start with..)

Bad bits;

- usual few small marks on the bodywork from careless people in carparks

- if you try and chuck it into 6th aggressively there is a slight crunch sometimes. not for normal changes just those hurried ones and only in 6th.

Think that's about it.. oh it's also had the clutch changed about 10k miles ago and the fans replaced so those 2 common issues sorted. No clicking axle.

Edited by Tom-89

It's an '04 JDM with 63k on the clock, so work it out from there.

£5k would seem to be about right, maybe £5.5k.

Going off your description Op I'd say the same as Dan in a private sale. if you're trading in then knock a grand or so off that as the dealers/traders will usually low ball.

Personally if you do sell then I'd definitely be stripping off (going back to standard) as much as possible before you sell it especially so if you're trading in. ;)

cheers guys. better have a think about what I have to do. Won't be trading in will do it all privately I reckon.

May stick it on ebay for around 6 and then if zero interest start stripping bits off and dropping accordingly.

Also handily has a private reg - meaningless to me but valued at £5-600 so may try and get that sold first

• 3 weeks later...

As you've said OP private sale is the way to go with Z's.

I tried a few different garages and nobody would offer me more than £3000 for my Z :scare:

It's really bad. I was offered 3300 today as a trade in. Found one guy who offered me 5200 though, which I though was generous for a garage.

Generally they want to pay 3900/4000 tops

Sounds about right. Best offer I had was 5k but that was only as I was looking at a 30k plus car at the time. I can see why from a dealers point of view the Z is a risky trade in, there was a 370z at my local dealers for best part of a year, they just couldn't shift it! He told me straight up he would only offer peanuts for the 350 as it would go straight to auction.