Standard CD player skipping - easy fix

ZedGreg

Ok, so since buying the zed a good few months ago the cd player has gained the usual skipping issue...gradually getting worse by the day...as much as i would love to simply replace it with an aftermarket unit i'm currently strapped for cash (new clutch needed).

As a desperate attempt to help this issue i bought a simple cd player cleaner from Maplins (£4.99)...and its actually worked!!

My cars a 56 plate so i assume crap has simply built up over time.

Cleaner was really easy to use and takes a matter of seconds to work its magic - simply place cd in the player as normal and follow the audio instructions. I ran the cleaner a few times to be sure and its been brilliant ever since. I'd suggest it to anyone before paying out for a new unit!

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

I guess there can be multiple reasons for the skipping, I'm with randy though, the aux hack is pretty easy if you follow the guide and I linked my aux up to a Bluetooth receiver.

Whilst you're stripping you could carefully clean the components if CD's are your thing.. You could probably use the spray to clean your VHS and Betamax too whilst your at it ;-)

I guess there can be multiple reasons for the skipping,

Condensation is the number one culprit. I tried scattering silica gell bags around the cockpit but that made little or no difference. I suppose a 2 minute blast from a hair dryer would do the trick (providing you don't melt the CD :lol: )

Pete