Radio reception

fishfire

Swapped my kenwood over to a pioneer DA120 and had crap reception on the radio with my Perrin stubby aerial. Tried the long pole free line Tuna catcher AKa the standard Nissan one to no avail!

Is this a Pioneer problem or is the anologue signal being watered down so we are all forced to switch to DAB?

Swapped my kenwood over to a pioneer DA120 and had crap reception on the radio with my Perrin stubby aerial. Tried the long pole free line Tuna catcher AKa the standard Nissan one to no avail!

Is this a Pioneer problem or is the anologue signal being watered down so we are all forced to switch to DAB?

Could be. My Focus has crappy reception too.

I've got a pioneer head unit and reception is shocking. I can just about get radio one!

I have a stumpy ariel

Anyone else have this problem?

I used to have a Pioneer head unit and a stubby aerial (2" long) on my Zed & the reception was fine.

Maybe check what Jetpilot has suggested above. ;)

Jet pilot was bang on the money!

For those still getting crappy reception check that the antenna power cable from the iso connector has power going to it!

I had a second cable coming from the amp power cable coming from the head unit. I've just connected that to the antenna power cable and presto!! More radio stations than you can shake a stick at :)

• Like 2

Jet pilot was bang on the money!

For those still getting crappy reception check that the antenna power cable from the iso connector has power going to it!

I had a second cable coming from the amp power cable coming from the head unit. I've just connected that to the antenna power cable and presto!! More radio stations than you can shake a stick at :)

Will drag mine out and take a look.