Rear end squeak

fishfire

Hi all!

Right, this is driving me nuts so I'm hoping someone has experienced similar.

Shortly after buying the car I noticed a slight squeak from the back end when going over bumps. Over the next few months it got progressively worse and only stopped in the rain.

Ah ha! I thought.....it's tsw likely to be the drop links. These were duly changed out but it still sounded like an old victorian sprung bed driving down the road (loud enough that people have commented on it after driving past them)

All right, so it's got to be the worn 12 year old bushes then? So I spent the next week or so removing the rear control arms and attempting to press out the various bushes, gave up and gave them to a man in an engineering firm (apparently he said they were a bar steward to get out!) and had White Line poly bushes fitted to all the major moving components, all except the toe arm bush on the hub, diff and subframe bushes.

I also noticed the previous owner had fitted adjustable camber and toe arms, which looked like cheap japspeed ones or equivalent so I've fitted standard camber arms (with White Line bushes) but left the after market toe arms in place for the time being.

You can probably guess that after all this.....she's still squeaking!!

Although I must say it's not anywhere near as bad as it was, but it's still there.

Now I will be replacing the toe arms as it has this horrible metal bearing arrangement which I'm hoping is the source of the sound of a thousand tortured mice but if not......?

I'm still on standard suspension and this will be changed out as soon as pennies allow.

Could it be subframe bushes?? Are they prone to weakness? I'm reluctant to change them out after doing the control arms, as it was not a pleasant or easy job with many bolts seized and snapping, and by the way, those elliptical bolts are especially expensive from Nissan UK!

Has anyone experienced this? Any advice or experience of this annoyance would be a great help as I'm going to kill it with fire before too much longer ;)

Thanks in advance!