Celebration time! Passed my exams :)

Kraziekatz1

Cheers everyone :) OH was crying last night at the thought of how much it's all going to cost him lol

Track conditions weren't great yesterday, heavy downpour just before test! Then bright sunshine right at eye level during the test. And confidence got knocked by the other person who was being tested. He's starting a new job at Williams in 2 wks & needed his licence. So, pretty chuffed I passed & made lots of good contacts along the way.

Saving up to hit the NEC show in January, so I can get myself kitted out safely & keeping an eye out for a good track car!

so any thoughts on what race series you might be entering? is it still looking like a cheap track prepped MR2?

MR2 is the most likely option, however a friend pointed out the running costs of a Lotus would be much lower....less weight means less tyre/brake wear so not ruling it out just yet ;) Have made some good friends recently, including a guy that races in the 750 club Classic hot hatches championships. Would just need a mk3 fiesta or something similar (needs to be pre 1992), 7 races/year and pretty cheap to get into. Might be a good place to start?

I race with 750mc in the mx5 cup.

I am doing a trackday at Brands Hatch on Dec 2nd.

If you fancy a drive to try a fully race prepped MX5 let me know.

Very tempting - thanks for the offer :) I am free that day & would be pretty cool to pop along. Is that a Mazda on Track day?

• 2 weeks later...