Just WOW

Willsy1980

Christ, my mum always taught me if you can't say anything nice say nothing at-all. Guess it's a generation thing ������

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I doubt it, I'm 40, how old are you?

My mother also said the same thing, but she didn't mean it, and nether did yours, it's just something they say because its the right thing to teach a child, it won't change the fact that you will judge silently or overtly, everything that passes in front of you. But let me explain why I personally believe this is worthy of ridicule, it's just my opinion, and always remember, you do not put a 10 ft wing on a car if you don't want to be judged one way or another, or if you cared what anyone else thought...it's an aesthetic choice, the downforce is not needed.

In the car modding scene, you can put what you want on your car, it's your car after all, but you have to bear in mind convention, if you don't want to be judged by your peers in a negative way. Convention may be fickle and changeable, but aesthetics is actually a pretty mathematic science (in as much as psychology can be mathematic, there are certain things, like symmetry, which the human mind finds beautiful for unknown reasons, this is why we as a species largely share a view on aesthetics, Charlize Theron is beautiful, Shrek is ugly). Let me give a more specific example...

A dude walks down the street in front of you wearing hot pink jeans, a leprechaun green pullover and a red baseball cap. He's also wearing white socks which are visible and the most impressive pair of blue suede shoes you've ever seen. You turn to your partner/walking companion/imaginary friend and say 'fk me, is he on his way to a clown audition?', don't deny it. ;)

What's the difference when someone does the same thing on their car? To wear a ten foot tall wing and not look ridiculous (to the afficionado), the ensemble needs to be balanced. Either go full extreme, in which case that wing is ideal (in fact, it's epic as its completely above the roof line, a basic necessity to get full effect of this type of wing), or go oem plus and ditch the wing. To mix the two is to invite comments such as mine, and to me it looks crazy, very far from aesthetically pleasing, and you will not find I'm in a minority, it's a balance thing. Agree with the comment previously made that with only a few extra touches to 'theme' the car better, it would look hawt. There you go, that's almost constructive criticism. :)

But like I say, nobody puts that on their car if they care about negative attention, so I do hope the owner is not offended, and happy with his car.

I'm 21 😸

I understand that you have every right to not like the aesthetic of the BGW in this instance, my comment was merely aimed at the sheer rudeness and the disrespectful manner in which people were commenting about a fellow forum members car publicly.

I agree you don't have to like how the car or the wing looks but some of the comments were not very constructive, especially when he's trying to sell it for what I would call a very fair price. The wing alone couldn't have been cheap.

My point being, just try and keep it civilised and respectful, shouldn't be too hard considering we're all infected with the disease we like to call 'Zeditis' ðŸ˜

• Like 3

That's a nice sentiment. If you carry that around with you in real life, you have my respect. But... Nah, going over the top on the internet is half the fun, saying to people on a forum to play nice all the time and not get involved in a bit of (softcore) mob hate, is like giving someone a Zed and telling him to keep to the speed limits. Internets is open season and we all know it. :)

Besides, as I said, I feel confident that the owner (who is around here I believe) can handle it. :) I'm sure I'd buy the bloke a pint in real life for having the balls to do exactly what he liked, zero ducks given. Fair play. I couldn't do it, I'm not strong enough to go against convention, and could definitely be criticised for being influenced by trends, I want my car to look good and also current and 'in-line with expectations', this is borne of negative psychological effects that I clearly have including insecurity, attention deficit, and even mid-life crisis of vanishing youth, which cause me, rightly or wrongly, to enjoy the peer approval (especially from younger enthusiasts such as yourself) as much as I enjoy the car. Not all people have these psychological weaknesses, but a surprising amount do. We never really leave the schoolyard, but that's all it is, schoolyard crack, with a bit of a cut thrown in, when I say that I'd point and laugh (more like smile or chuckle), I was being honest, do you really think I should have sugar coated it? I'm prepared to accept the consequences of my comment. If he tells me I'm an ass, I'll accept it gracefully, as it will be as honest a statement as my own. Or he's welcome to meet me outside the front gates after school. :)

Edited by Aashenfox
  • Like 2

Think you guys slightly misinterpreted me, my comment was aimed more at the guy saying 'shitty car' 😂 I'm all for a bit of banter on the net. That joke just went over my head clearly 😬

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

Beauty is produced by the pleasing appearance and good taste of the whole, and by the dimensions of all the parts being duly proportioned to each other - Vitruvius

Some people just don't have a clue - Me

Edited by Juggalo