New tyre time - Standard fitment or change? Help

Dracostan

So, its coming to that time and I'm looking two makes - MPSS or F1 Asymetric 3.

Now I know i could just go for the standard fitment 245/40/19 fronts and 275/35/19 rears, BUT ... as I don't like the look of the stretch that the factory Bridgestone's have, I am considering some wider fitments.

Yes, I know I am opening myself up for some 'go for function over looks' vehemence (Ekona, down boy :p ) but I figure going for either the Michelin's or Goodyear's is a step up from the Bridgestone's anyway.

To continue my dilemma - The issue is, I have never seen the MPSS or F1s in the standard fitment to compare whether they looked stretched or not.

Therefore, please would you awesome ppl post images of your MPSS and F1s in the standard fitment, to show what the sidewall looks like - for both front and rear. Also, those that have gone for wider, I'm interested in what those look like too.

So, please post your pics with details of what make and fitment you have.

Cheers all

:) Draco

Edited by Dracostan

:( Drivers rear has developed a slow leak, so this has gotten top priority now!

Other thing, will a regular tyre place change (or even know to have to change) the valve stems for the TPMS? Or will I have to make a point of telling them? Are they universal parts, or Nissan specific?

FYI - This is my first car sophisticated enough to have TPMS, so be kind :)

Well, after the leak forced my hand I now have a fresh set of MPSS adorning my wheels. They do have some stretch to them, but compared to the Bridgestones, they look much better.

The up-side of this, is now I have probably around 2 years to research and assess what wider fitment I will go for!

:) Draco

• Like 1