Which hoover?

Chris141084

Do you want a Hoover, or do you want a vacuum cleaner? ;)

But yeah, a Henry will last forever. We've also got one of those Shark things you see on shopping channels, which breaks down into a handheld unit and is surprisingly good. Personally I don't think you can beat a Dyson, but the Shark isn't far off and it's half the price.

As suggested I'd look at getting a "Henry" hoover.

I use an upright myself as I bought one when we moved into our new house but I flippin' hate the thing. It's not even that good for cleaning in the house but for doing the car it is darn right infuriating as the hose is just too short, with no give in it so it constantly tries to pull the upright over. :rant:

Used to have an old Henry hoover my parents gave me for doing the car but as it was theirs I left it with them when I moved out. Definitely getting one for myself though in the future. :)

As a pro i would heartily recommend george if you want wet and dry capability and henry if you dont.

Theyre built like a Sherman tank and suck like a 2 dollar hooker.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Thanks for sharing your experience lol

• Like 1

What about one of those gtech multis, they look good, although never used one.

We have the upright and the multi at home. I rate them quite highly.

Enough charge to comfortably do our alhambra a few times over.

These do look good, not the cheapest of options though, think a Henry/George could be the best option

I might think about one of these as it does my nut in when ive finished a car and notice a crumb of dust somewhere which ive then got to get George out again which is a PITA

• 3 weeks later...
Maybe a Harry instead of a Henry / George / Hetty / James / Charles?

"has a unique carbon element that will remove the bad smells from your sofa or carpet. Click here to read more about the Harry."

Ive got ine at home. Unusually for Numatic he's dreadful!

Ive got ine at home. Unusually for Numatic he's dreadful!

Interesting.... supposed to be the same as a Henry apart from the filter and brush.

Yeah i cant say the missus was very happy after me waxing lyrical about it. We got it specifically because we were getting a dog.

As i recall theyve had to tone down the power in the Numatic range due to EU regulation. Think i bought my George before all that happened.

They come in both 1200W and 600W varieties. If you got the 600W, that might explain it?

See id interpreted the following as that theyd had to discontinue productiom of the 1200w version (says Henry but they're essentially the same)

Henry was the very first vacuum cleaner to be manufactured my Numatic and to this day it continues to be their most popular machine. With a striking red appearance, as well as powerful motor and compact size, it is the preferred hoover for both domestic and professional cleaning in the UK. The traditional version of this machine was built with a very powerful 1200 Watt motor, with a Hi/Lo feature that enables the user to switch down to 600 Watts. However, due to new European legislation, Numatic have chosen to release a new version that contains a less powerful but still extremely effective 620 Watt motor. It is worth noting that 620 Watts is more than enough power to lift up even the worst kinds of stubborn dirt