Low oil pressure after drifting

Nate

The OBD is cheaper and doesnt need installing anywhere. Cant speak for the 350Z but on my BMW its accurate for temps to 1 degree, at least then you can suss whether its actually going low or is just the gauge.

If you do go the gauge route, like Rich says get one with peak hold and a light if it drops too low, I used Stack on my driftcar :)

just checked them out and really like the SPA duel oil pressure/fuel pressure gauge.

they also seem very accurate for a LED type gauge .

from the looks of the kit i assume i would have to purchase adapter plates specific to the 350z for the sensors to screw into yes?

Fuel pressure isn't worth knowing, but oil temp is: If you're going dual, then the oil pressure/temp is the one to get.

I've not looked at those kits you mention, but really all you should need is just to tap in to the system at the relevant points using the basics and then wire the kit to the sensor. I wouldn't have thought you need 350-specific hardware.

Thanks for the heads up mate im still quite new to this .

tbh the oil pressure/ oil temp gauge is a good £40 cheaper than than oil/fuel gauge so thats a bonus too

There's an oil pressure sensor already in the sump, you just need to unplug it and put a y piece in (got mine from eBay for about £6) and then fit the standard and aftermarket sensors into the ypiece. The gauge will come with the relevant cables to go to the sensor

cheers Ninja ill get on ebay and have a look at them

If you are using it for drifting you wont really be able to look at the pressure gauge and or temp guage , why not just fit a large red light and/or buzzer that triggers at 1 bar , that way as soon as the pressure drops you can get off it , same for oil temp really , one at say 150 degrees

no not using her for drifting on track mate ...after the curb incident its set me back £700+ so im gona be treating her with kid gloves for a long while lol.

im just wanting a way of keeping a reliable eye on parameters with her been a high milage lady .

wouldn't mind a gauge that tells me of engine oil level too as that dipstick on my DE is a freaking nightmare

Edited by wilo

This is what you see with Torque Pro and a BT OBD, you can change the dials to show about 50 different things from intake temps to exhaust lambda:

102035d1383942371-5th-gen-extended-pids-torque-app-torque-pro-2012-tacoma.jpg

I'll definitly look into this, I take it torque pro is the name of the app?

Yes Torque Pro is the name of the app and some of the downloads require a small payment. You can also get Torque Lite in which all of the readings are free but you don't get oil pressure or temperature amongst others so the Torque Pro is the version you'll need.. It works on Android phones and I think iphones and you'll need an OBD2 reader (got mine for £8 on EBay).

Not read any of the other posts as i can't be arsed

But from my experience (first drift day) I have fitted an oil temp gauge and saw over 120c after a short while and it wasn't a warm day

Promptly changed the oil to Fuchs titan (ester can hold higher temps longer) and fitted a 23 row oil cooler, since then I've only hit 120c no more and it soon cools.

Only issue aside from that is road driving doesn't get that hot and I have a 90c thermo. Will personally want to block the core when it's winter unles thrashing it

Also having skim read above I wouldn't advise fitting a T to the pressure sender

Instead if you search there's a good post on here about a tap in the block that's got a bolt in it for the DE models that actually has a temp sensor in the rev up and hr models and is sent to the ecu.

• 2 weeks later...

Also having skim read above I wouldn't advise fitting a T to the pressure sender

Instead if you search there's a good post on here about a tap in the block that's got a bolt in it for the DE models that actually has a temp sensor in the rev up and hr models and is sent to the ecu.

Why wouldn't you advise a T for the pressure sensor? Just curious as that's what I have and can't see why it would be an issue. Where is the other bolt that you can tap off? Hadn't noticed it

• 2 weeks later...