ESP light & skiddy car symbol

350Z paradise

Hi all..after a spirited drive Worcester to Leeds round trip this evening,when accelerating hard ESP & skiddy car symbol come on & stay on,along with intermittent handbrake symbol. After restarting engine they clear...but come on again when accelerating hard.

Any ideas guys/gals ??

Have you recently changed tires? If so, what sizes did you fit (rear needs to be about 1% to 3% larger in diameter)? If not the tires, then maybe a wheel speed (ABS) sensor, curious that it happens only after driving hard though.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Apologies to bump this!

I've had the same happen to mine lately but I don't think it is brake fluid low as only 2 days ago had a brake fluid change so can't see it being low!

Check it NOW! . it could be low they might not have tightened a bleed nipple correctly

• 2 weeks later...

Apologies for bumping this! Finally got my car to the garage, they checked the Brake fluid and it was on maximum, their computer is throwing up a fault with the abs speed sensor on one of the front wheels however he's saying the signal looks right? Is the obvious fix to replace the abs sensor? Not long before the service I had my winter wheels fitted so possibly been damaged in the switchover?

Yeh, abs sensor common cause of this problem, change it. By the way, it's not surprising that the computer says the signal is alright. ABS sensors usually go progressively.

Edited by Aashenfox

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, that's a big issue like, need to get those solenoids firing or else your insurance won't pay out over any accidents you have. I also had issues with a wheel bearing that made my ABS kick in whenever I was slowing to a halt. Worth looking at also.

• 3 weeks later...