Car PCP question

AK350Z

We have a small car (Panda) that we have on PCP as the monthly payments were cheap and also 0% interest for the 3 years. Now we were always going to keep the car after the contract ended and the final payment is perfectly modest for us.

At the minute though it seems the car will be well over the contract mileage (+50%) so presumably the final payment will be larger to make up the loss in final value? Do the normal excess mileage charges only apply if you're handing the car back?

We're only halfway through the contract so plently of time to sort things out yet.

If you're not handing the car back, the final payment stays exactly as per the contract. It's only if you're handing it back that you'd be subject to the excess mileage fees as stipulated in the contract.

Basically, if you've no intention of handing it back don't worry. :)

I recently had a similar discussion with VWFS, originally i wasn't going to buy the car, so rang up to add extra miles (only 12k miles over in 2 years lol) but have since decided I want to buy the car, final payment will take into account the fact i've paid extra for more miles. However if you've already decided i wouldn't bother as others have said.