Anyone local to coventry

Jay.1r

As requested to fill in the details of the original post

To summarise I had booked my car in with protuner for a nitrous install September the 1St we had a few issues early on which was to do with wizards of nos posting parts out and not refurbishing the solenoids sent to them properly, so he had to recalibrate them

Although over month after this the car is still waiting on being mapped and it was begining to worry me, after not being able to get hold of him for two weeks to update me on the situation, so I wanted to see if someone could pop in more local

Edited by Jay.1r

Hi

I am only a couple of miles away (Tardebigge...). I can pop in if you want me to.

Where exactly? What exactly do you want me to do?

I just looked up "Protuner Redditch" with Google, and the nearest thing I can find is on the Binley Industrial Estate, Coventry.

According to an "unofficial" number lookup website I know the 01527 (ie Redditch) number is now on the Coventry exchange...

I think they have moved and taken their number with them....

Edited by johnnyboy

Thanks for calling ekona, yes that number and his mobile I am getting no answer, yesterday I tried six times..

All I was wondering Johnny is to just see if the car is actually still there and if it is together or in pieces, just want to know what stage it is at, and really if it's safe incase something has gone wrong they don't want to talk to me about, I can't imagine why he isn't answering he is a great guy from what I have seen so far

Hm...he has made no progress and was apparently avoiding you. I'd say if you are not over the moon with whatever he has to say, to go and get your car back.

Once the original post is removed, there is no point locking, the thread will be removed as it's completely meaningless. Poor form to do that by the way, not having a dig, just saying (as a very experienced moderator of other forums) that to edit your content to the point of simply leaving a hole in the forum with a meaningless topic is a bit of a no-no, like posting without searching, etc. ;) Like I say, no misunderstanding mate, just letting you know in as un-condescending a way as is possible using only text. :)

Edited by Aashenfox
  • Like 1

Agreed. 100%.

Also, he's had the car TWO MONTHS and done nothing?! Nope, not good enough. It's only a sodding NOS install, so unless you're having the engine fully built as well I'd wonder what on earth he's playing at.

Greg at Protuner is very well regarded in the drifting world, or certainly was at least. Not seen any bad reviews personally. Now, I didn't see the original post, but is the hold up on parts he waiting for, or just he's overloaded so being slow :lol:

Sorry guys, I thought it would just help keep it clean, to summarise, the car is waiting for a slot on the dyno although I have no idea if it's a day or a month it's been two weeks since my last conversation up until this afternoon where he said he could tell me a date at 2pm, I still haven't had a call though... I am in no way saying a bad word about him as when he has spoken to me he has been very detailed and straight to the points, I just wished he kept me more updated

Edited by Jay.1r

Its not shall we say, useful, to blank out thread titles and content. The forum works in a way to allow owners to search an understand more about their cars and services associated with it. Having threads blanked leaves the forum cluttered and full of confusing topics - please can this not be done in future.

I have summarised the post at the top to what the issue was

Sorry thought I was helping keep the forum clean removing it

Top man, I sometimes wish I was still in coventry....

....but not very often!! :p

j/k, I do miss the old place, I'll be back at the end of December and for new years, for the first time in many years, celebrating my eldest's 5th birthday at my mum's place in Leamington. I won't be bringing the Z though, sadly. It's not ready, but even if it was, I still would have trouble fitting it in that little square cage they say your carry on has to fit in, cos there's no way I'm checking in my Z! Have you seen how they handle suitcases? :lol:

Edited by Aashenfox

Hi mate. I live in rugby but drive to Warwick uni everyday and go past Binley Industrial estate. If you want me to swing by just let me know?

Feel free to send me a text on ********** if you need anything.

Moderation edit - send telephone number by PM - much safer