350Z V's 350gt skyline

Maddog

Been looking on the web but having difficulty finding a comparison between the two.

I do like my Zed but not quite entirely happy, so are there subtle differences, like, driving position, gear ratios, storage size. I would presume 90% of the 350gt's are imports and autos.

As the motors are basically the same i guess the usual upgrades we do to our 350's can be done to the Skyline.

Any advice would be appreciated

Yes basically the same car, chassis are 9" longer, all running gear and engine the same, like the Z there are several different trim levels, and like all Japanese imports they can have virtually any combination of extras, so you never know what you will find.

You do see the occasional 6 speed manual but they are rare, the manuals always come with Brembos, and LSD, sometimes the autos come with Brembos and diff as an extra, but mostly brakes the same as the import Z, there is a Nismo version but i have only heard of one in this country.

As they use the same engine performance wise they are pretty much the same, but they do weigh 100KG more than a Z, they are a great drive, very capable long distance turer, and very comfortable to drive with electric seats etc, personally i think they are a much nicer looking car than the Z,

Just to show what they can look like with some careful mods, here is my old 6 speed, oh! and don't let the auto box put you off, they are very good...apparently

DSCF9010copy-1.jpg.

• Like 1

In the euro tunnel atm, will be back soon then the hunt begins. Next xmas prezzie me thinks. Nice looking car there Ewen.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk