looking for a V7 ysi

alexdax

All bov's will all be loud unless you quieten the air realising.

I am afraid i have never heard a v7 but have to be honest, i didnt think the v3 "working noise" was loud at all, it was just the blow off valve making all the racket until i quietened it up with the filter.

I would say its got to be worth a £30 on a filter and silicon elbow for positioning before investing in a new charger, which i wouldnt presume will be any quieter.

Edited by Jetpilot

• 3 weeks later...

I thought the V3 was actually pretty reasonable sound wise. I feel it's more the exhaust that is loud. Actually, I'm running my V3 with a Vortech filter at the end of the piping so it may be quieter because of that. Since I've been running it from the beginning it seems standard to me, but from other threads I've read, it is not standard as it does not come with the kit. I wish I knew the part number, but it's a small filter that is attached where the air is released when not in boost.

• 1 year later...
15 minutes ago, Jetpilot said:

Mine was night and day difference, from whooshing and hissing all over the place to near silent.

Which filter are you using? I put on the K&N 62-1480 on and it's made no discernible difference. I actually want it silent.