! Help and advice needed !

Ollydykins

Hey guys what's up.

After a good hard think, I've decided not to sell the zed when I go travelling in 6 months. It's been a hard decision to make, but I figured if it doesn't work out, I've still got the car to come back to if I'm only gone a year, and if I do stay out longer or need the funds, I could ask a family member to sell it for me (with help of a fellow zedder I know).

So this brings me to my question, please bare with me, the zed is the first car I've had of this standard so no big words please... 😅

What would the car require (apart from the obvious oil change, breaks and general maintenance) if it was kept of the road for about a year ? I will do all the major yearly works just before I go, but I will leaving it my aunty who is, although a huge car fan and will have no problem spending money when needed, but I'm just keeping it their and don't expect her to throw money at it. I imagine this would be similar to when people out theirs away for winter, but mine shall be put away in the summer also (which I doubt many of you do).

Sorry for the massive post, just trying to actually be organised for once...

Thanks,

Olly

If your aunty drives it regularly, then you shouldn't need to do anything apart from a good service before leaving it with her.

If it's to stay there stationary, then I would suggest axle stands and a CTEK trickle charger along with a full tank of petrol.

I think I am just going to ask her to drive it once/twice a week, even if it's just to the shop and back ?

Edited by Ollydykins