New head unit install help

Blackstar

Hi guys,

I have just fitted - or rather tried to fit - a Sony WX-GT90BT head unit.

I have power and steering wheel control, but no sound from the speakers. I've used the following gear. Forgive me for being poorly educated in electronics, but I was told if I used everything below it would simply be a case of 'plug and play' with no wiring or soldering needed.

post-29168-0-10649300-1477132499_thumb.jpg

I used the ground/earth wire that came with the above, attaching it to the top right bolt below the sat nav screen. I attached the ground from the car to the opposite, left-hand side bolt under the sat nav.

I've also used a Sony patch lead in the setup, but I can't find a pic to show.

Any help would be appreciated - thanks in advance!

Edited by Blackstar

Do you have the Nissan Bose sound system as standard?

If so have you connected the amp switch on wire (the blue with white stripe)? This is not part of the wiring harness but will come direct from your new head unit and needs to be connected to the same blue wire on the car harness side.

One issue i found is that the Bose amp doesn't like the amp switch blue wire so in my case i just piggy backed the ACC wire to the car side amp switch on blue wire instead

Thanks Blade, it is the standard Bose system yeah. As I say, I was told it was plug and play, so I will have to take it to someone I guess, I haven't soldered anything since school haha.

It's definitely nothing to do with the ground wires or their location is it?

Edited by Blackstar

Thanks Blade, it is the standard Bose system yeah. As I say, I was told it was plug and play, so I will have to take it to someone I guess, I haven't soldered anything since school haha.

It's definitely nothing to do with the ground wires or their location is it?

If the stereo is powering up then your ground is ok.

As i say, check you have connected the blue amp switching wire - this is the most common thing people miss, just use some crimp bullet connectors, no solder required.

Sorry, could you take a look at these and possibly guide me, I am seriously thick when it comes to this sort of thing.IMG_6965%20(480x640).jpgIMG_6966%20(480x640).jpgIMG_6967%20(300x400).jpg

There is also this in the HU manual, not sure which I need?

IMG_6968.JPG

IMG_6969.JPG

Edited by Blackstar