11 months NCB ?

ATTAK Z

In theory it should, if you were hit by a state insured driver and were seriously injured, you would want to be able to claim, however, i totally get the point that it would be rife for scamming, not that it isnt now to be fair, so cant see it would make much difference.

Perhaps they could introduce a proper clause that unless you are hospitalised for "x" number of days with medical evidence of said injury, no personal claims will be supported?

Edited by Jetpilot

I think you could still exclude it, but allow for the law to let you sue for damages (which you currently can anyway). That way you'll still prop up the no-win-no-fee solicitors, and affordability won't be a barrier to justice.

Its the eternal power to wallet issue in 1990 when I was 32 with a perfect driving history and good ncb it was cheaper to insure a 230 bhp turbo technics Capri than a Sierra Cosworth but now I see 20 somethings tooling around in gtrs msports beemers and amg mercs this is progress more money around so pay up or get off the pot

First off you don't have an insurable interest on someone else's car and secondly, in the event of a theft claim (neither driver at fault), which policy pays? What stops both of you claiming for the single insured incident?

So what happens when you insure a loan car when yours is in being serviced? Some main dealers insist you get your own insurance for this, so in that situation you don't have an insurable interest in the vehicle as you don't own it.

Perfect example Dan, I always face this predicament; My old man runs his own garage, therefore carries out all of the work on our cars (bonus). My partner and I are welcome to a 'loan car' whenever ours are in for work. Problem is that she isn't named on his business policy and all of his cars are insured as vehicles under the ownership of the garage. Her own policy states that it does not cover the use of any other cars. Long and short is that she has to use public transport :lol:

• Like 1

...most of us with a fully comp policy can drive someone elses car third party...

You'll need to check your policy to see if you have the Driving Other Cars (DOC) extension. It's not that common these days as insurers have stripped it out because of abuse. If any members need the cover, we can include it free of charge, but you need to state that you want it when you incept a policy.

Is the most cynical thing ive ever read from an insurer but ill credit you for being hinest

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk