HR Throttle Body Cleaning

Drayvn

Had a P2101 and P1233 code pop up on me last weekend and the car wouldnt fire up.

Pulled the intakes off and found the butterflies had got stuck closed, unjammed them and gave it a squirt of WD40 and was able to get the car home.

I had the negative disconnected and when i connected everything back up i didn't have to relearn the idle air which was good.

Now the question.

I'm gonna give my whole intake/filter and throttle body and possibly the intake plenum a good clean this weekend. So i will need to unbolt and disconnect my throttle bodies. If i did as before where i disconnected the negative terminal, would you think i would have to do the idle air relearn?

I do have an Uprev Remap too.

Edited by Drayvn

I have never had issues but wanted to give the throttle bodies and plenum a good clean. Always slightly dubious about the re-learning process though. Let us know how you get on and if you have to do the re-learn. Anyone know if the plenum splits in half on the HR to clean inside ?

Thanks for the response guys.

Thanks Zmanalex, kinda puts me at ease.

BulletMagnet, they went wrong in the first place because of all the gunk that has been accumulated it seems, so hence wanted to clean them properly.

Dave6188, will do buddy, i shall be posting back up on Saturday or Sunday.

• Like 1

Well i did as instructed, disconnected the Battery, ECU then the Throttle bodies... and now my idle is fluctuating from 1200rpm to 1750rpm.

I did the idle relearn, a few times, still nothing, gonna try disconnecting the battery for a bit and see where that gets me.

It drives fine though, just whenever i stop it keeps hunting for the idle. And when changing gears it wants to rev a tad high.

Mark you have any tips for me?

Well i did as instructed, disconnected the Battery, ECU then the Throttle bodies... and now my idle is fluctuating from 1200rpm to 1750rpm.

I did the idle relearn, a few times, still nothing, gonna try disconnecting the battery for a bit and see where that gets me.

It drives fine though, just whenever i stop it keeps hunting for the idle. And when changing gears it wants to rev a tad high.

Mark you have any tips for me?

Really, so it seems the ECU has still been corrupted.........

We have to send the ECU away to have the Idle/NATS Eprom we flashed I am afraid.

Send me an email to mark@abbeymotorsport.co.uk please