Pug 406 Coupe V6 - Aegean Blue.

mr v6

I was asked by John M if I'd do a full machine polish on his Aegean V6. I'd have been stupid to say no :lol: , so I said yes!

Left home this morning with a tiny amount of fog, shorts & shirt on, as us northern monkies do in this weather, boot full of cleaning stuff & headed off to his house. Got there about 10.40am & made a start.

There were a few things I'd noticed, which you'll see in the following photos. Compared to the rest of the bodywork, the bonnet appeared to have a slightly different texture / shine on it, was only slightly noticable when you really looked. Also on the passenger side of the roof, about 1/8" of the inch in from the pillar, going from front to back about 2" in width was a dull line, as if something had been stuck on there, or fitted to the roof at some point. We couldn't get rid of it at all, so had no choice but to leave it. The line was perfectly straight, we were stumped, but it could only be seen from the passenger side front looking along it.. Very strange.

Stuff used:

Kestrel DAS6 dual action polisher

Bilberry wheel cleaner

Various small brushes

Sonus fine green clay

Autosmart Reglaze as clay lube

Meguiars 6" polishing pad

Sonus 4" polishing pad

Autosmart Evo 1 polish

Meguiars #83 polish

Meguiars #16 PPW

Poorboys wheel sealant

Meguiars metal polish

Autosol

Microfibre cloths

I asked John if he could have the coupe washed by the time I got there, which he did, so I went straight to work on the wheels. These needed a quick clean, nothing more, they were sealed at the very end of the day with 2 layers of Poorboys wheel sealant. After that I clayed the car with Sonus fine green clay & Reglaze as lube. Very little came off to be fair :good: . The whole car was then polished with the DAS6 & the 2 polishing pads, alternating between Megs #83 & Autosmart Evo 1, depending on how bad the surface was. Finished off with 2 layers of Meguiars #16 PPW 8) :wink: . This wax can be tricky to work with, applied just a little too thick & you've created yourself a bit of hard work removing it, thin thin thin is the way with this wax. It leaves such a deep, glossy, crisp finish, which for a £16 wax that's apparently been discontinued by Meguiars (just, why???), beats a lot of much more expensive waxes hands down.

The bodywork other than swirls was pretty good, the bootlid will need to be painted, it looks worse in real life as there's other scratch damage going through the paint:

johnmv64.jpg

Bonnet before:

johnmv62.jpg

Roof before:

johnmv63.jpg

Rear quarter after just a machine polish:

johnmv69.jpg

johnmv65.jpg

Roof after a machine polish 8) :

johnmv611.jpg

Side after machiningbuffer.gif:

johnmv614.jpg

C pillar:

johnmv622.jpg

Reflections:

johnmv612.jpg

johnmv615.jpg

johnmv618.jpg

Spot the roof defect:

johnmv616.jpg

A little closer :? :

johnmv617.jpg

camera_smiley.gif

All finished with 2 layers of Meguiars #16 PPW :Yahoo!: :

johnmv626.jpg

No, my coupe isn't hitched up to the caravan!

johnmv628.jpg

johnmv630.jpg

johnmv631.jpg

johnmv632.jpg

johnmv633.jpg

The car looked stunning as I left, such a super crisp, sharp finish from the polish & wax combo. I spent around 5.5 - 6 hours in total, this included lunch break. Nothing was rushed, the job was done correctly, I'm over the moon with the final result. If you could see the car in the flesh it looks so much better, the photos really don't do it justice. What I did notice, apart from the metallic flake popping everywhere :D , was at certain angles this paint seems to have a slight purple tinge to it, looks very smart indeed! When you see photos like this with a coupe in, you realise just how awesome the angles, curves & overall design of the car really is!

All the high-res photos are here if anyone wants them: http://www.mrv6.co.uk/detailing/johnm/

Thanks for reading :beer: smile011.gif.

Loved driving these when i worked for Peugeot, the whole car would rock when you mashed the throttle on idle. Standard V6 alloys are lovely too. nice work on the machine polish. I cant view the job as finished without tyre shine and engine bay pic B)