2008 Jaguar XF 2.7 diesel.

mr v6

This is one I did earlier this year for my sisters fella. He traded his EVO 8 in for this car, something more practical. I do a bit of detailing, repairs, servicing & the odd auto electrical jobs in my spare time as a hobby, I like to mix them up a bit :teeth: .

Today I had a full machine polish to do on a 2008 Jaguar XF in Ultimate black Metallic. The owner bought the car last October & this job has been on the cards ever since. It would seem it's spent a lot of it's life up & down the motorways judging by the amount of stone chips on the bonnet, but I wasn't there to sort those out. The front bumper had a 'blow over' a while ago to hide a lot of the chips, but the finish wasn't great.

Down the sides are the obvious hand car wash markings & scuffs where it's been pushed upto the bushes down some country lanes. The paint wasn't in overall bad condition, it was reasonable.

I spent a few hours on it yesterday washing it, de-tarring the lower half of the car, claying it & giving the 20" wheels a good clean.

The aim of today wasn't to achieve full correction, but to give the car a significantly good polish, that's what it got :D .

Products used:

Washmitt

Chemical Guys Mr. Pink

Bulk de-tar remover from work (same as Tardis)

Sonus green clay

Autosmart Reglaze

3M blue tape

Kestrel DAS 6 polisher

Meguiars 6" pads

Sonus 4" spot pad

MF cloths

Carpro Iron X

Poorboys Wheel Sealant

Carpro PERL

Autosol

Mothers Mag & Aluminium polish

Autosmart Evo 1

Prima Amigo

FK 1000P

Poorboys Natural Look

Gliptone twins GT1 & GT2... I think that's everything :lol:

This was the general condition of every panel on the car, depending on where the sun shone depends how bad it looked:

XF1.jpg

XF2.jpg

XF3.jpg

XF5.jpg

XF8.jpg

I was up against 2 huge trees that wouldn't stop releasing pollen, every time I turned away there were particles all over the car, it was tedious trying to keep up with it all.

After the huge bonnet was finished this was what I was left with.. It seemed a huge panel to get round, it was :D :

XF9.jpg

Not perfect, but in comparison to what I started with it seemed like it was:

XF10.jpg

XF11.jpg

XF17.jpg

More damage around the rear, but the whole car was like this:

XF12.jpg

Managed to bring out the metallic flake so much during the polishing process. Lots of greens reds & purples really popped in the sun:

XF18.jpg

Those 20" alloys were awkward to do, & seemed to take a while, but looked great once all the crap was off them:

XF21.jpg

XF24.jpg

This is the side of the car completed, finished off with 2 coats of FK 1000P & a layer of Prima Amigo because I had time :good: :

XF19.jpg

XF20.jpg

XF23.jpg

XF22.jpg

XF25.jpg

XF26.jpg

Thanks for reading :beer: .

• Like 1