Xtrons facia surround help

-blade-

Hey all, has anyone fitted an Xtrons unit to their Z? I'm interested to know which facia you used that actually fitted?

I just fitted a TD696, with 350z DE facia surround from 'incartec' and while it fits the dash perfectly it doesn't even come close to fitting the head unit - i mean a little trimming here and there fair enough but this would need a butchering to fit, and i doubt id manage to the cuts perfectly straight.

Any facia surround experience from any model of Xtrons guys will be much appreciated!

The unit itself is great, once you figure out the amp signal wire from the HU gets ignored by the car which doesn't understand to then allow ACC to the Bose - FIX being just attach ACC from the head unit to the amp switch on on the car/ISO harness....

Going to play with the bluetooth OBD module later :D

Anyone interested in possibly going Chinese android and want feedback on this unit just let me know

• 5 months later...

Hey, well, the bottom line is i still have the gap around the head unit, although not horrendously noticeable im just going to apply some black foam around it to bridge the gap. Head unit wise though was great luck yes, the unit is excellent and i love it. I also took the opportunity to change how the unit installs, so instead of fixing to the facia, it now fixes to the main dash chassis, so i can pull the whole centre facia off by only disconnecting the 3 upper dash gauges and access all wiring really easily, hence itll also be real easy to apply and tweak the foam once i fit it.

Did you have any luck? What did you do in the end? Im in a similar situation

• 3 years later...

Hey gents. Bit of deep water thread revival. 

Hope your all well!

Hust thought I'd pitch in, just finished painting the centre console and upgrading to an Xtrons, iso mod yada yada... 

I purchased the ebay generic incartec style facia plate. I looked around and from the pictures, any 350z specific facia plate available in the UK is the same. Fits the dash perfectly but not an Xtrons unit. I beleive if your running say a jvc or pioneer it would fit perfectly, but xtrons make their units larger for some reason. 

I did purchase a specific 'universal' xtrons facia plate. Its just square that I think is meant for a cage install as it doesn't have any screw fixings like the Z one... 

I've given up for now. Can't find one. Can't make one. It's such a shame. 

How's the foam looking? Anyone found the magic part yet? Would love to fill that gap. 

IMG-20200502-WA0019.jpeg

IMG_20200502_191008.jpg

IMG_20200502_190940.jpg

• 3 years later...

ANOTHER OLD THREAD DUG UP. Not Extrons but a visualally identical unit. Mine is Podofo these units are not std 7 inch fitment but screen area is 7 in. I JB welded mine into the back of the trim. Looked completly fine but the touch switches at the side were a littly tricky to opperate with a finger. BRAINWAVE I have a router and a selection of bits. Go round the trim with a very small cutter fitted.CRACKING IDEA I THOUGHT. Screwed the trim down to a plank of wood fired up the router. Problem is trim is a chanel section. One moment you are gently cutting 1/4 inch deep plastic next you are through into @*!# thin plastic ROUTER GOS WHEEEEE BIG DAM GOUGE BIG DAM GOUGE BIG DAM GOUGE. Oh I got mine cut but had to fill all these huge gouges with JB Weld and paint trim.  How do you do it then ? Yes router is a cracking idea it will work. FILL THE CHANNEL WITH JB WELD.  Then use the router. This works as there was a section in the trim full of JB weld I could not break out. THIS AREA MACHINED LOVELY. I have no need to do this again but the info will be of help to others. Hense digging up this thread.

Edited by Laurence C