370z Mpg...

Alpinaman

It does not bad for a V6 3.7. I particularly enjoyed the bigger tank, could get 400 miles from it, on a very odd occasion :lol:

Getting 350+ in the Muzzer, just did 2250 miles over on the continent, not quite counted it up yet, but I'm still on my 7th fill up, smaller tank though.

Just goes to show that these big cars aren't as poor on fuel consumption as is perceived. Most of my trip was through Germany and return through Germany, so some of the speeds, on average, well exceeded U.K. limits. Long stretches at 100mph+ :)

• Like 1

I can say for sure that for me my 5.0 supercharged Jag is better on fuel than my 370z was , I would average 22-24mpg out of Reggie the Supercharged one and 24-26mpg out of the n/a one , 330-350 miles before the light comes on, its a big tank on the zed

The Jag is doing 25mpg on average.

Dont trust the on board display and certainly dont trust the range estimator , mine went from 45mile range to 0 in less than 20 miles

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

It does not bad for a V6 3.7. I particularly enjoyed the bigger tank, could get 400 miles from it, on a very odd occasion :lol:

I just filled the Works Golf TDI up (£45) and went to Birmingham and back, around Wales, then liverpool, over two days. 436ish miles. Still over half a tank left.

Zeds make your bank account cry :wacko:

Edited by Juggalo

I'm averaging around 25mpg, which is a little better than i got in my 350z.

I do a 70/30 split on town/motorway driving. Haven't been for a long motorway drive yet, so looking forward to seeing how high I can get the mpg.

You'll get pulled if you do 30mph on a motorway.

• Like 1

Is that based on fill to fill calculations or using the ambitious on board display ?

I use an app on my phone to enter in millage, litres filled, and cost per litre. Only takes a few seconds each fill up but my app has been pretty much bang on to what my on board display says I get from the tank. Not sure if I'm lucky and mine is accurate? :D

Mines pretty accurate to be fair, 350 miles to a tank normally, mixed driving and the bus says 22/23mpg which works out about right. Drive it sensibly on the motorway and it really doesn't use much for what it is.

As has been said, smiles per gallon, not miles per gallon.

wow, spreadsheets, phone apps and multiple fill up combined total averages !!!! :scare:

I must be missing something - I use that row of lights in the car - when it only has 2 lights I fill up when it has more than 2 lights I just carry on :lol:

• Like 2

I just filled the Works Golf TDI up (£45) and went to Birmingham and back, around Wales, then liverpool, over two days. 436ish miles. Still over half a tank left.

Zeds make your bank account cry :wacko:

Just driven the wifes 118d BMW down to Southern Spain average speed...well best not detail that, but 61mpg.

Much rather have done it in the Z at 25 mpg as someone said smiles per gallon is much more important.