18th October - Milton Keynes Zed Meet

Apoc124

so peoples!

i think its time to get another meet in for us and a last 2016 MK Meet, after talking to some of the guys i think it'd be nice to go to a pub grab a drink and something to eat, That and its to bloody cold out so id rather not stand in the Dons carpark for a few hours!

it'd be nice if we can sort a time that everyone can attend i know some have missed the last few meets due to family and work which is unfortunate so if we can work out a time and date that suits everyone we can get a final 2016 December meet going!

if we do land up going to a pub then GFs, BFs, Husbands, Wives, Mistresses, Buttery companions are more than welcome!

so far MarkST has recommended a nice place called The Barge? (correct me if im wrong)

Post ideas and times and other locations that may be better or more convenient for all here and when we come to a more solid idea ill make another thread :)

-Apoc

I'll only know mine and Veronika's availability after tomorrow. The landlord at The Barge is used to car clubs in his previous place, there is an overflow car park that starts in the bottom right of Oli's picture, so if we take most the main places the locals will still have somewhere to park ;) and the space sizes are generous..

They also have a section that is usually roped off that he will reserve for us if its midweek, I think from memory it would seat about 20 but had lots of standing room too.

Saturday the 3rd I may be going up to the Derby meet, not sure if anyone else was thinking of the road trip? Some people might also need more than a weeks notice.. Are there any general days earlier in the week people can't do? Think someone had said previously Wednesdays or Tuesdays were out for them?

Mark

Edited by MarkSt

The Caldecotte Arms (The windmill pub) at Caldecotte Lake is a lovely place and could make for some decent pictures and food is good too. Plus its just off the A5 so easily accessible without getting lost...well thats the theory lol.

Although it looks like whatever day this turns out to be I wont be able to make it :( I think the only day I can possibly make it in Dec is Thursday 15th and thats only a slight possibility. So dont plan things around me lads.

Are there any general days earlier in the week people can't do? Think someone had said previously Wednesdays or Tuesdays were out for them?

Mark

That was Kay & Ash (Kayla) and it was Thursday from memory.

Although it looks like whatever day this turns out to be I wont be able to make it :( I think the only day I can possibly make it in Dec is Thursday 15th and thats only a slight possibility. So dont plan things around me lads.

Good to hear from you buddy, its been a while! Hope the zed (and you) are alright and maybe see you in the new year then! :thumbs:

Edited by matt89

Yeah Thursdays we can't do either unfortunately. Any other day is good though and happy enough to do weekends if others are :)

Not fussed on whichever pub we go to, would be nice with the big table if there's lots of us!

ok im going to say that thursday is a no go, i believe Kbad also has issues with that day as he has football with his son (not sure he may chime in soon!)

im game for any day, i may have to work friday and saturdays but i dont know unitl the week before but i should be able to move that for the meetup.

Wookie might feel more at home on the pub down the A5 he likes going down their for no reason atall ;):lol:

• Like 2

Hi guys what days exactly have we agreed on, the popemobile is off road at the garage, Interrior is in bits, parts not back from aquagraphixs, changed bearing in gearbox but now waiting for DMF from japan Nissan UK quoted £2100,I have ordered form Mitz @ cougarstore hopefully to arrive by Friday from Nisan Japan expedited delivery. :rant: this is turning out quite expensive as the cutch and csc will b changed too .

I take consolation that the pope mobile will be back on full song once this I done in 2 week :boxing::D:teeth: :teeth: :teeth: :teeth: :teeth:

i would think probably either the second week of December or early third week, a night between the 5th and the 16th would be best, id be more preferable to go for this mid week than at the weekend as if we go to the pub it'll be rammed with us there aswell! (keep you innuendos to yourself wookie..)

I would think the 6th, 7th, 13th or 14th, the later in the month gives people enough notice to get their cars sorted or other bits sorted out.

if we go for the same normal time around 7:30-8:00 its not to late or to early for people who want to eat if we land up going to the pub, plus the later dates gives us enough time to let the pub know we are coming and we might be able to get a special.

Any other ideas of dates and times are more than welcome i think the first week of December is too soon will be manic and a pain to sort out.

• Like 1

Ed was going to post yesterday (but must have got side tracked...) to say lets plumb for:

Tuesday the 13th at 19:30

This should allow enough notice for people and also hopefully everyone will have working cars by then.. I'll speak with the pub landlord again and get the roped off area kept for us..

So lets get the list going guys.. :thumbs:

1) MarkSt