2017 MPSS successor...

davey_83

After five years on the market, the Michelin Pilot Super Sport has been replaced.

Meet the new Michelin Pilot Sport 4 S B)

Michelin-Pilot-Sport-4-press-release.jpg

Sadly Michelin have chosen to drop the much loved "Super Sport" branding in favour of the making the product family more uniform. The "4 S" name could mislead you into thinking this tyre has all-season (or "four season") capabilities, but rest assured the new 4S is just as focused as the Michelin Pilot Super Sport was.

The product launch will take place in January 2017 as the tyre becomes available on the replacement market, and you can be sure we'll be the first to drive on the new Pilot Sport 4S as we're extremely excited about the replacement for one of our favourite tyres.

For now, here's the press release, with some rather interesting comparisons made by the independent test organisation TUV.

http://www.tyrerevie...ess-Release.htm

Edited by davey_83
  • Like 3

I doubt it. Those sizes already cover 92% of (clearly only their target) market, so I can't see much of a need to produce smaller ones. If you're after the best tyre you're prepared to pay for it, which means that your car very likely has the upgraded wheels on it, and they're going to be 19" minimum these days. Much as they never got round to doing the MPSS in N-rated for the 997 cars, I can't see them spending a fortune on producing these in 18"s just for the few they'd actually get round to selling.

Been waiting on these, much that I love the MPSS on the R35, the MPS 4S should be a winner, especially on track. :#1:

Delighted that they are doing my sizes at launch and that XL appears across the range.

275/35 ZR20 102Y XL and 305/30 ZR20 103Y XL is a great fit for the R35 however must be XL.

:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

• Like 1

Been waiting on these, much that I love the MPSS on the R35, the MPS 4S should be a winner, especially on track. :#1:

Delighted that they are doing my sizes at launch and that XL appears across the range.

275/35 ZR20 102Y XL and 305/30 ZR20 103Y XL is a great fit for the R35 however must be XL.

So we expect to see you down in the 56, if not the 55sec bracket around Knockhill early next year then :p

Edited by Ebized

So we expect to see you down in the 56, if not the 55sec bracket around Knockhill early next year then :p

Perhaps 56 if I am in the Zone. :lol: :lol: :lol:

55 would require slicks I think.

No idea where you've seen that, they're actually cheaper now than when I bought mine back in the summer. I paid about £220 for a 275/40/18, they're down to £190 now.

Perhaps it's down to the sizes you're after? Bearing in mind they stopped making certain sizes in the summer, and only carried on where there was an OEM supplied fitment.

They look about the right prices to me, I've certainly never seen them any cheaper than that. In fact, that's cheaper than what I paid for my 245/45/18s back in January of last year when I bought the BMW. If you saw them at £130 a tyre then that's just ridiculously cheap.

At £160, they're an utter bargain. Now I have even less time for people who run cheaper inferior rubber on their cars! :lol:

Just had a full set of MPSS for the '45 from Tyre Leader (4 x 235/35/19) for just less than £640. :D

Last time I bought MPSS in 2013 for the 370 the best price I could find was just north of £1100 for the set of 4 :scare: Damn that Ekona :lol:

Looks like the next set will be the MPS4S.....the way the £ is currently going it looks like it will be nearer a grand or more :dry:

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...