Olly's facelifted GT. Sun burn, shows and new exhaust!

Olly350z

No Varley16, its a replacement for the OEM chin spoiler, which was a complete pain to remove

Feels amazing on the coilovers, its become a real motorway cruiser. The close ratio dampening hides so many of the little bumps innthe road, almost softer then OEM. Jerricks products really are that well made. I do need adjustable droplinks at the front as theres alot of preloaded tension on it but Ill do that next month

So another update, I purchased some carbon fibre kick plates and absolutely love them. Everyone loves carbon! 

IMG_20170802_213251_301.thumb.jpg.79d3ae3952824dcb16cd30c705fce8bc.jpg

And one of how it sits now ive lowered the back end a tad more, and gotten it aligned 

IMG_20170726_191423_180.thumb.jpg.d1f2c63f6fb624dcf55f62ba5bfa68d9.jpg

IMG_20170725_105736_912.jpg

Edited by Olly350z
Removing duplicate picture
  • Like 3

So as some will have seen on facefail, I took a road trip down to see Mr Bob Ellis at the Zshed HQ today. Bit of a long drive down to Dorset but absolutely worth it in every way. Bob has fixed my sticky OEM fans to save me from over heating issues. Im now questioning whether they ever worked, and also fitted my plenum spacer! If you want work done, they're the place to go. Ive officially been Zshedded!

Now to start researching where to get my remap done...

IMG_20170806_111422_199.thumb.jpg.a33b39d7fc714645b5adb935056ea243.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

So a few more modifcations done, fitted Martins "flyboy mirror kit". Loving having the mirrors now fold in and out with every lock / unlock! 

And spent today doing the flip key mod. Has been fairly straightforward with slight filling and trimming and it seems to work perfectly. Just need to get it cut

IMG_20170822_114815_918.thumb.jpg.80f54c295ba28d0ee665028377e2a840.jpg

Pleased to also say that wheels have been chosen and will be ordered shortly. And hopefully when I manage to get in contact with Mark, a remap at Abbey motorsport! Big things happening soon :)

• Like 1

Well I better let the cat out the bag, but I picked up my new wheels today! Ever since I purchased the Z I said Id own a set of these incredibly rare wheels! And the grand reveal...

Nismo LMGT4s :D

IMG_20170917_171916_672.thumb.jpg.d8ba4337c2c282ad985303211d586f83.jpg

Picked these up from Martin on here today, pictures didnt do them justice! Many thanks to Martin for bringing them down to Camberly and saving me a 4 and a half hour drive!

Excited to fit them after remapping tomorrow, more to come :)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, davey_83 said:

Lifted straight to a 10 pal, 350z with the kit on longs for 19's

Thank buddy! Im very, very pleased with how its come together!

25 minutes ago, SHEZZA said:

Looking great olly :thumbs:

how did you get on with your wheel nuts ? I know Zmanalex had the correct nuts for the LMGT4's in stock at some point. If not there is always these, fancy some myself. 

https://www.nengun.com/nismo/wheel-nut-set

Well Ive reused the standard GT rays wheel nuts for now, as I was told they fot and are safe, is this true? 

I really like the look of those, wish they were silver or polished though. Cant help but think the black will stick out like a sore thumb against my silver! 

Not sure pal think Zmanalex  is the best person to ask. 

You'll find that being black they won't stick out like a sore thumb at all. I find my short black OEM nismo nuts are lost in the holes so it looks like you've got 10 holes on each wheel if you know what I mean. IMG_0620.JPG.c73d43b13582223161fb5bf2c844d698.JPG

Edited by SHEZZA

27 minutes ago, Jack94 said:

Stunning looking Z you've got there mate B)  The LMGT4s have got to be the best looking wheels for the 350 imo, but I guess I am biased :lol: I've got them nismo nuts on mine, they were a bit pricey but look ace :teeth:

Haha nothing wrong with a little bias! You know what they say about great minds think alike! I do like how far they sit recessed inside the wheels...

@SHEZZA See I do like how they sit recessed inside the wheel. But that photo has made me think they definitely will be noticeable against my silver paint which Id like to avoid. @ZMANALEX could you shed some light on whether standard gt rays nuts fit or whats out there? 

10 hours ago, SHEZZA said:

Looking great olly :thumbs:

how did you get on with your wheel nuts ? I know Zmanalex had the correct nuts for the LMGT4's in stock at some point. If not there is always these, fancy some myself. 

https://www.nengun.com/nismo/wheel-nut-set

Those are what I fitted Shezza on my LMGT4 from nengun.

Fedex stung me for £12 in total on a £30 order though!

• Confused 1

Along with the wheels, I took a trip down to Abbey Motorsport and saw Mark for a session of UPREV remapping yesterday. Made to feel very welcome and Mark talked me through all that he was doing. 

She made a 15BHP and 11 torque gain which Im happy with, but moreimportantly how she drives now is just night and day different. The throttle response is immediate and so much smoother. Very pleased for sure

20170919_142745.jpg

2 hours ago, G1en@waxandshine said:

Looking stunning Olly. Second best wheels in my opinion :stir: But seriously, its come together beautifully. 

Wonder how many sets of those wheels are actually in the uk?

Id really like to know! You just dont see them come up for sale and I looked often! Thanks for the kind words though alot more left to do yet :D

1 hour ago, HEADPHONES said:

LMGT4s are not only great looking rims, but being forged are strong too.

I've had mine over 10 years ony zed which is my daily.

Even battling over Manchester's finest potholes there is no buckling whatsoever.

Congratulations on finding such a good condition set :thumbs:

Thanks for the kind words bud, Im So happy with how they are! Ironically in my quest to colour code ive gota set that match the colour of the car perfectly