UpRev + Pops and Bangs Map = Thank You Guru Mark

Lewis_UK

Finally got an UpRev re-flash done @ Abbey MotorSport yesterday, and I'm soooo happy.

Details of the Car:

VQ35DE 2004 (Non-RevUp | Non-GT) 276BHP@Flywheel

Oil: Castrol EDGE 5W40

Spark Plugs: NGK PLFR5A-11

Mods (Did not buy from Abbey):

Full Japspeed Exhaust

- K2 Backbox + Mid-Pipe: £229

- Y-Pipe: £109

- Silenced Decats: £89

5/16 Plenum Spacer

Cosworth Panel Filter

K&N Oil Filter

The Results:

Torque (@Hubs):

Before: 233.2lbft | After: 242.7lbft | Gain: 9.5

HP (@Hubs):

Before: 245.8HP | After: 260.3HP | Gain: 14.5

Not only are the gains very good for the in-expensive mods I've selected, but to know it's still pumping out power is great.

And ofcourse, the pops and bangs, it's amazing.

Unfortunatly do not have cruise control so opted to have pops and bangs full time.

The fact I can control the pops and bangs with clever throttle control from what Mark showed me, I absolutley love it :)

THANK YOU MARK AND ALL @ ABBEY MOTORSPORT TOP NOTCH CUSTOMER SERVICE.

Edited by Lewis_UK
  • Like 5

What do they do to give you a pops and bangs map?

I'm not techincal enough to answer that,

But I have found a sweet spot, bring the revs up to just past 3K quickly, let go of throttle and quickly apply about 5%-10% of throttle and hold during the overrun.

Works best in lower 3 gears as I think after that its going to quick so the sound is travelling away quicker.

I'm double that so we'll see how I get on! :lol: Similar set up though

Mark said to me that he had UpRev a car with 150k expecting the worst and didnt come far off my results.

On the pops and bangs note, I can make my car sound like a F-Type on the overrun or A45 AMG when changing gear now, amazing.

• Like 1

Evening guys, I tried to borrow a GoPro but didnt work out just yet, hopefully soon.

But for now, heres a 30-second Audio Teaser for you guys. (From my Phone)

This is just quick Pops & Bangs at around 2,500RPM-3,000RPM.

Enjoy :)

[media]

[/media]

PS: Got to love that transmission whine.

Edited by Lewis_UK

• 2 weeks later...

That's a good testament to the VQ engine, hopefully I'll fare just as well!

Well I had the UpRev at Abbey Motorsport today and my car did pretty well considering the age/mileage. Many thanks to Mark and the team for the warm welcome, tea and toast, and of course the results! :teeth:

(Thanks also to Chris at TarmacSportz for getting the new 'zorst to me in time to fit it yesterday ready for the trip to Abbey :thumbs:

Model: 2004 GT VQ35DE (144,232 miles)

Mods: Berks HFCs, Invidia Gemini cat-back, Motordyne 5/16 Plenum spacer, '06 Airbox with Apexi filter, AMS lightweight pulleys.

Dyno: Dynapack (Abbey Motorsport)

BHP: 262.4 WHP (+20.4)

Torque: 232.8 flbs (+18.9)

dbd1ce1b-1e45-4bfc-ba27-ecc33b007184_zpsyimzcmwi.jpg

d8fda12c-7bd5-40ff-96a2-98d364c14e3b_zps6r7jkmuk.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Wait a minute when did the pops and bangs been able to be controlled by the cruise control button ? I really want that haha

The pops and bangs is controlled through using about 5-10% of throttle above 2,500RPM doing high RPM overrun (So your using fuel, but not enough to for the required throttle applcation/fuel injected to match cars current RPM)

I have got this done to a T now :)

If you have Cruise Control console, it techincally means you have different ECU with more "memory".

So I can only have 1 map, if you have CC you can have 5 maps I believe, allowing you to swap between different map settings, 1 eco, 1 pops and bangs etc etc.

Can I ask what equipment is required to perform this remap? I need to ask around tuners in Greece to see if they are able to do this.

You would have to PM Mark@AbbeyMS (that's even if he would share that information.)

Edited by Lewis_UK

Wait a minute when did the pops and bangs been able to be controlled by the cruise control button ? I really want that haha

The pops and bangs is controlled through using about 5-10% of throttle above 2,500RPM doing high RPM overrun (So your using fuel, but not enough to for the required throttle applcation/fuel injected to match cars current RPM)

I have got this done to a T now :)

If you have Cruise Control console, it techincally means you have different ECU with more "memory".

So I can only have 1 map, if you have CC you can have 5 maps I believe, allowing you to swap between different map settings, 1 eco, 1 pops and bangs etc etc.

Can I ask what equipment is required to perform this remap? I need to ask around tuners in Greece to see if they are able to do this.

You would have to PM Mark@AbbeyMS (that's even if he would share that information.)

Cheers for the info will be looking into that :)