Coventry 2017 - FULL DETAILS HERE - July 15th 2017

Lexx

Big thanks to Lexx and the team for organising a great weekend, Great to see some familiar faces I have met from previous Lakes meets and to meet new members too. What a great turnout as well, I believe 70 cars In total and a super night at the hotel.image.thumb.jpeg.378141d85812104f533c373ae09ab787.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.16d46b34d7d5671ba53b534d3d7ec15e.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.d559774544bf9740372e0dd470074797.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.3ac1c607f9031a4ccea7196abfc4407b.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.1b8d285efadc7a5767cbad0168020728.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.dc2f2b0692cce330c27b1a07f4e88cc5.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.ec7b3ad9d088be582d7841a9bca0f382.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by AndyG8nby
  • Like 9

10 hours ago, Lexx said:

I don't even remember taking this....

20170716_014843(0).jpg

I can see the young lady wearing one, did you manage to shift any T-shirts? Shame I couldn't have stayed for the evening part, looks and sounds like it was ace.

Well what an awesome weekend. I'm still feeling the worse for wear this morning, must be getting old ! Haha. Next time I'll be booking Monday off work for sure. 

The day started off let's say a little wet, not the ideal show conditions and we all huddled under the spiral walkway to try and stay a little dryer. Not! but then eventually stopped. Then it was a case of who would break first and bring out the drying towels hoping not to jinx the weather. Well that wasn't going to be myself so I waited, eventually I saw that bob (buster) had broke then the drying frenzy began. The weather then held for us and although overcast made for a great day, although somehow I managed to catch the sun !

As others have said it was great catching up with friends old and new seeing there awesome cars in all, in an awesome location getting the attention they deserve for all there hard work. 

Big thanks to Lexx and his big foot (he knows what I mean ! )Haha and all of  the team from myself and Louise although missing for half the weekend really enjoyed hereself too !

same again next year :thumbs:

Edited by SHEZZA
  • Like 5

59 minutes ago, SHEZZA said:

Then it was a case of who would break first and bring out the drying towels hoping not to jinx the weather. Well that wasn't going to be myself so I waited, eventually I saw that bob (buster) had broke then the drying frenzy began. 

Hilarious but so true . . . :victory:

• Like 3

Absolutely fantastic event from start to finish. Thank you to everyone involved and to everyone that came along and made it such a success. Awsome day. :yahoo:

Now, have you all locked your cars? Sure? Anyone wanna go check? (Cue mass exoduc....). :lol:

• Like 6

Hey everyone, thank you all so much for a great club meet, fab location and what a good turn out. Great work to the organisers, thank you. I can see I missed out on the evening celebrations sadly but so glad it all went well. I believe I was the first nutter to start washing the car in the rain, I had high hopes it would stop and brighten up for us :-) 

Until next time .... 

• Like 2

Thanks for the organisation for a good meet on Saturday and after for the meal at the Hotel.

Nice to catch up with folk previously met and some new ones......, putting faces to forum names !!! (Dan !! ) :boxing::lol:

Special thanks to Buster for his advise on issues with my car.

Hopefully we can have similar next year.

• Like 1

Anyone have any 'odd' bill items on their Citrus Hotel credit/debit cards?  Just checked my statement and they have refunded the £50 that they took in-case we raided the mini-bar..... but there is also a charge of £9.60. Which doesn't make much sense because I bought all the drinks for myself and folks with cash at the bar lol

35 minutes ago, andyvvc said:

Anyone have any 'odd' bill items on their Citrus Hotel credit/debit cards?  Just checked my statement and they have refunded the £50 that they took in-case we raided the mini-bar..... but there is also a charge of £9.60. Which doesn't make much sense because I bought all the drinks for myself and folks with cash at the bar lol

If you call the hotel about it, ask to speak to Faye Donnelley and deal with her directly. She was our liaison throughout and likely to be the most helpful.