What's your daily?

Deano94

92' Nissan Sunny 5dr, cheapest form of four wheeled motoring there is B)

That's interesting Davey! Is it the N14 saloon AWD? if it is that's a very rare beast indeed.

Its a the 5dr hatch, 1.4l engine. Four wheeled as in has four wheels, compared to two of a motorbike LOL

lol, ok i completely misunderstood that. :doh:

funny, that's exactly what I want to swap my 335i for! trade?

Really?? But you've that lovely E92, why would you want a the E90 330d? Don't get me wrong it's a great car but, aren't you a level up on engine and model Brillo?

Or, are you referring to that rather nice porker or Chrysler above my post?

Edited by Rock_Steady

funny, that's exactly what I want to swap my 335i for! trade?

Really?? But you've that lovely E92, why would you want a the E90 330d? Don't get me wrong it's a great car but, aren't you a level up on engine and model Brillo?

Or, are you referring to that rather nice porker or Chrysler above my post?

correct, my E92 looks better from all angles, and has a stonking engine. However, my wife recently sold her car as she commutes by train, so we're down to a single car household (besides the track car, but that doesn't count) and my 335i has done over 16,000 miles this year, which is getting expensive when the absolute best it'll manage is 30mpg on super unleaded.

Plus (and I hate myself for saying this) 360bhp is, to be honest, too much power. Chances to fully exploit it are severely limited, both by traction and speed limits - most of the time I change up at 4000rpm anyways, and ~12,000 of those 16,000 miles will be on a motorway, cruise control set to 75mph. So swap for a 330d and I can still have all the low down torque I enjoy, but it'll do 50+mpg. and yeah, its a shame the E90 is so fugly compared to the gorgeous e92, but rear doors would be quite beneficial, and from the inside they both look much the same. And i'll keep my bling wheels to go on it, so it wont be all bad :) and the £1200 a year saving pays for a lot of trackdays (or holidays if my wife reads this)

Edited by brillomaster
  • Like 1

I know, I know... but this does then open the door for a better track/weekend car at some point in the future, which will have no such restrictions on economy or practicality. I'm really tempted by an S2000, maybe next year when the track car is due its MOT lol.

I mean come on, perfect two car garage right? BMW 330d saloon for commuting/touring, and S2000 for weekend/trackdays?

• Like 1

No, because diesel = tractor.

Now, an E92 335i and an S2K would indeed be the perfect two-car garage... ;)

I truly appreciate the majority of your posts, we are kindred petrolheads (and trekkers)... put a Mini Cooper S JCW (pre 05 with supercharger) in as well and it's the perfect 3 car garage.

• Like 1

I think he means in addition to the 335i and the S2K, not instead of.

And yeah, I can kinda see why you's want a little runaround. Personally I'd go for a Clio 200 instead, in Liquid Yellow with both Cup packs and the Recaros :wub:

Edited by Ekona

Used to be the Z until a couple of weeks ago. Selling that.

Bought a £300 1.2 Corsa, and I love it. Plod along...no on tail gates me, no one looking for a race. I'm completely invisible. And I can now park anywhere in any car park.

Cheap as hell to run. 100 miles on a tenner. :D

Sell the Z, get a bike and a Landy.

And yeah, I can kinda see why you's want a little runaround. Personally I'd go for a Clio 200 instead, in Liquid Yellow with both Cup packs and the Recaros :wub:

no that's what I mean, if I had an S2000, a Mini JCW and a 335i, I can't see a scenario where i'd ever take the Mini over one of the other two. apart from possibly ease of parking, but then an S2000 isn't exactly big!

ehh? when would you ever take a Mini over an s2k or a 335i?

Yeh, what ekona said. I actually have a mate who has an Evo 9, an S2000 and a pre-05 JCW in his garage. He's a happy motorist.

I've driven clio cups, civic type Rs, and many other hot hatches, and while many are faster, none are more visceral to drive than the mini, I owned a fairly modded non JCW with about 210hp for a year while I was between cars and they are VERY special to drive. Foot flat on the floor in 2nd has you hanging onto the wheel for dear life as the car hops skips and jumps everywhere, the steering is SUPER fast and the back end quite loose (another reason to get a pre 05), they are a proper riot to drive fast (almost dangerous). I can't stress it enough, even with the recognition they have, they are still underrated as a true drivers car, such perfect neutral balance and relatively light weight, I used to use lift off oversteer to rotate into my work's parking I got that confident with it by the end. Traded it in for the Z, miss it very much. Crap picture, I've just suddenly realised I have almost no pictures of that car, damn. :( This is an 02 with 100k miles on the clock when I bought it, it was still tight and totally bonkers. It cost me a great deal to be fair, as during the one year I had it, it needed both a steering pump and a supercharger. Imagine how much I liked it that I bothered to fix BOTH of those knowing I'd be selling it shortly after. Everything you've heard about them being expensive to run and maintain is true. It's something about the character of the car, it's not the best at anything, it's just immensely fun to drive.

DSC_0022_1_zps79mzhph2.jpg

Edited by Aashenfox

I think he means in addition to the 335i and the S2K, not instead of.And yeah, I can kinda see why you's want a little runaround. Personally I'd go for a Clio 200 instead, in Liquid Yellow with both Cup packs and the Recaros :wub:
no that's what I mean, if I had an S2000, a Mini JCW and a 335i, I can't see a scenario where i'd ever take the Mini over one of the other two. apart from possibly ease of parking, but then an S2000 isn't exactly big!
Ah, I see what you mean...yeh, believe me the mini gives you something you want that the other two don't, it's the power to weight ratio and chuckable size, it might be tail happy for a fwd car, but it's more predictable than the S, naturally. I've owned all 3 cars recently (s2000 for three years, three years ago e92 335xi for 6 months prior to theft, then the mini and now the Z) they all bring a fantastic and very different experience to the table. :) I actually see the Z as a perfect combination of the S and the e92. If I could have kept the mini, I would have. The Up now serves my commuting needs on permanent loan from my mother who has now returned to England. :D Edited by Aashenfox

I test drove this exact car, looked at myself in it and thought im too old for this and bought an E92 instead.

Seat Leon tdi 130. Pretty dull but works well and 50mpg. Means I now have 2 'German' cars!

They are nice cars. I ran a Golf GT TDI for 4 years and 100k miles, was still getting up to 73mpg out of it on my daily commute when I sold it. 72mpg seems unreal now compared to the 24mpg im getting out of my current daily. :lol:

Seat Leon tdi 130. Pretty dull but works well and 50mpg. Means I now have 2 'German' cars!

They are nice cars. I ran a Golf GT TDI for 4 years and 100k miles, was still getting up to 73mpg out of it on my daily commute when I sold it. 72mpg seems unreal now compared to the 24mpg im getting out of my current daily. :lol:

I've put 60k on it, the most I've put on any car. I've squeaked 60 mpg out of it but the average is almost bang on 50mpg.

Made the 26 of the Zed and the 27 of the new weekend vehicle much more palatable.

• Like 1