supercharged 350z POV drift

The Chubby Ninja

Just a little video of me messing about on the figure of 8 at crail. Tried out the new helmet mount and it worked out not too bad. The picture quality is decent but the sound is recorded through a potato.

Also had a little cool down lap in the middle as the new fan setup wasn't working properly. Also lost a big section of the newly fitted bumper with the blowout at the end :lol:

Edited by The Chubby Ninja
  • Like 8

good driving there man!

Having shotgunned with Stevie at Crail, on the big track I can atest to his drifting skills.......sideways round corners at scarey speeds just comes natural to him. If any member is ever up at Crail and Stevie is there, scrounge a shotgun ride with him, it's epic :drive1:clap::thumbs:

• Like 2

Thanks guys 😊 irfan it's just shy of 500 at the fly now, had a new intake setup and exhaust and a new map which made a big difference.goes well now.

Gmballistic cheers dude, il post a link to videos up tonight of the go pro on the roof facing forward and back for you lol. Not great videos but you get the idea.

P15 ult are you local to crail? Just come up and say hello next time your up. Big track at crail in 2 weeks! :)

• Like 1

Thanks guys 😊 irfan it's just shy of 500 at the fly now, had a new intake setup and exhaust and a new map which made a big difference.goes well now.

Gmballistic cheers dude, il post a link to videos up tonight of the go pro on the roof facing forward and back for you lol. Not great videos but you get the idea.

P15 ult are you local to crail? Just come up and say hello next time your up. Big track at crail in 2 weeks! :)

I'll probably be up at Crail for this mate, dibs on an other shotgun ride :teeth: :teeth:

• Like 1

Thanks guys ������ irfan it's just shy of 500 at the fly now, had a new intake setup and exhaust and a new map which made a big difference.goes well now.

I'll probably be up at Crail for this mate, dibs on an other shotgun ride :teeth: :teeth:

No problem man anytime :) I'm currently on standby for it but desperately trying to get someone to cover me

• Like 1

What diff you running dude? I was cringing when you were reaching for the wand when you could just wind on more angle - much cooler and faster B)

Nice steering though, Im guessing you didnt learn in a 500hp 350Z ;)

Just a welded viscous diff bud. I had different wider front wheels than normal on and was trying not to use full lock as the wheels and tyres were rubbing on alot of things so had to grab the wand to scrub the speed off sometimes lol. I learned in my first 450hp z which ended up on its roof lol so this is my second one. Only been drifting a year now

• Like 1

Good show although think it would have been better with a different camera angle, ...or maybe one stuck on a wing or the roof. Just wanted to see a better view of the sideways action that's all. :teeth:;)

Here's one from the last big track day a few months back. Not the best of vids as was driving conservitively to try and make the last of my tyres Last a little longer lol. Also kept getting caught behind either slower people or people crashing :lol:

• Like 2

What diff you running dude? I was cringing when you were reaching for the wand when you could just wind on more angle - much cooler and faster B)

Just a welded viscous diff bud. I had different wider front wheels than normal on and was trying not to use full lock as the wheels and tyres were rubbing on alot of things so had to grab the wand to scrub the speed off sometimes lol. I learned in my first 450hp z which ended up on its roof lol so this is my second one. Only been drifting a year now

Ahhh, becomes clear now, thought it looked a bit strange. If you can do it, a 2 way will make huge amounts of difference over the 3 way, much more progressive and dead easy to take the car past 90 degrees and pull it back again, do you have lock mods as well? :)

I keep seeing very cheap 350's and getting tempted again, I do miss it :(

Ahhh, becomes clear now, thought it looked a bit strange. If you can do it, a 2 way will make huge amounts of difference over the 3 way, much more progressive and dead easy to take the car past 90 degrees and pull it back again, do you have lock mods as well? :)

I keep seeing very cheap 350's and getting tempted again, I do miss it :(

My mates got a 2 way kaaz in his z and I really can't see much benefit over a welded diff Tbh. The only bonus I can see on it is its easier to turn in tight car parks etc but I really like the welded as you know where you stand with it, it's not going to open half way through a drift because the plates are worn etc. And if it blows it's the best part of a grand to replace, when a viscous is replaced for £150 it's a no brainer for me.

The only lock mods are tein tie rods with an extra spacer in them. I had the money set by for the maxx lock kit but ended up needing to give it to a lawyer for something else :( but it is on the cards

Like the video looking backwards chubby. ;)

Just shows how much tyre smoke you're creating as well. :scare::)

That's probably the piston rings :lol:

Bl**dy hope not! :surrender::lol:

Was funny watching the BMW 3 series behind you as I'm sure he dropped back at one point because he just couldn't see where he was going when following you. :D

Like the video looking backwards chubby. ;)

Just shows how much tyre smoke you're creating as well. :scare::)

That's probably the piston rings :lol:

Bl**dy hope not! :surrender::lol:

Was funny watching the BMW 3 series behind you as I'm sure he dropped back at one point because he just couldn't see where he was going when following you. :D

Haha I noticed that. Must be quite hard to see anything when it's that smokey :lol:

• Like 1

I really like the welded as you know where you stand with it, it's not going to open half way through a drift because the plates are worn etc. And if it blows it's the best part of a grand to replace, when a viscous is replaced for £150 it's a no brainer for me.

Funnily enough I found the exact opposite - I ran a Nismo 2 way in my S13 and found it was immensely more predictable than the welder and was a lot easier to control the car by throttle alone than with a 3 way, I had a 1.5 in my onevia and it was similar.

Might just be a car thing but I never got on with a welded 200SX, particularly after the plate diffs, each to their own I suppose. Dont disagree with the second bit at all either, theres a it of a price difference ...... :surrender:

• 1 month later...