Quick polish & wax of the Z.

mr v6

Today was the first chance I've had to tart the bodywork up on the Z. It'll get a full correction by machine by myself in the spring next year, so todays job was a quick one. The car needs some specs of road tar removing along with a good claying as you can feel it's not as glassy smooth as I'd usually like it to be. I'll need a full day with no interruptions to get it machined.

Wash with Autosmart Duet & dried with an Uber XL towel. Quickly polished with AG SRP then waxed with Fusso Coat Soft99 light wax. Wheels cleaned with Valetpro Bilberry then sealed with Poorboys wheel sealant, finally tyres dressed with Meguiars Endurance gel & the excess wiped off to prevent sling. Windscreen deep cleaned on the outside with Duragloss 755 Nu-glass as it has a lot more bite than finer glass polish, the windscreen had a lot of water marks, which have now pretty much gone. Rear exhaust boxes & tailpipes polished with Mother Mag & aluminium polish.

Hope you like!

20161003_1stwax1.jpg

20161003_1stwax2.jpg

20161003_1stwax3.jpg

20161003_1stwax4.jpg

20161003_1stwax5.jpg

20161003_1stwax6.jpg

Thanks Randy,

Also for confirming the colour, I thought it was Chrome Silver :kicking: . During the polish (only a quick hand one) I couldn't help but notice how prominent the metallic flake was on the car, it really does pop in the direct sunlight.

chrome silver (US) and blade silver (EU) are the same colour :thumbs:

You can get your own particular colour code by entering the VIN number in here:

http://www.vindecoderz.com/EN/Nissan

CS2000 pulled this together, its possible you could be universal silver or liquid aluminium

Untitled-4.jpg

Edited by Randy_Baton

Thanks everyone. As well as mechanics, this is what I also do in my spare time. I've done a number of Pug 406 Coupes (given I'm Club Secretary on the forum), I've also done the odd Audi, a huuuuge Jag XF that belongs to my sisters fella, amongst others. I like to see an improvement on things.

This was just a quick job. To the untrained eye it'll look awesome. To the trained eye it's a quickie. Upon closer inspection of my wheels, it's clear at some point recently they were refurbed on the cheap. You can seen sloppy paint on the weights & new paint on the old foam from previous weights. I had 2 plans.. Plan A was to have my Touring (I believe they're called) alloys powder coated in a gunmetal or anthracite finish, or buy a used set of Rays & do the same with those & have my tyres put on them.