Great Fun at Knockhill today.

ZMANALEX

Well, Knockhill had a full open pit lane today from 10 am - 5pm.

I could not manage the morning session so just rocked up in glorious sunshine at around 1 pm for the afternoon session blissfully unaware that the heavens had been open all morning and that there had been a serious oil drop due to a blown motor at around 11am so the track was closed and an early lunch break was called for, so really did not miss a trick early doors.

So got the R35 ready and immediately switched into R mode with the Suspension, Gearbox and Traction.

Into map 99 and 2bar boost and we were all good to go.

A few warm up laps and all looking good.

There was a good mix of fast road cars including a couple of other R35s, however with the final day of the SMRC this weekend and all to play for, the big boys were all out in abundance for there testing in preparation for competing for the championship.

All in all a brilliant afternoons fun and bar a couple of Full Race Radicals I think that I did the Nissan image no harm at all as no one else really got close.

Conditions were spot on today and the ambient temp and track temp really did suit the GT-R and after checking my data, my previously PB with the R-35 on MPSS was 58.05, however, smashed that today with a 57.65 and that was with holiday man 16 stone Dougie on board. I am well chuffed as I did not think that a sub 58 would be possible with an R-35. at KRC.

Any one who has not had a track day experience, I would recommend that you give it a go, perhaps in moderation initially as it really does become addictive.

Have fun and drive safely.

Alex., :)

• Like 7

This car is extremely quick round Knockhill when watching and even quicker when sat in the passenger seat,really appreciate those passenger laps Alex.

Also Alex 's driving and track knowledge make passenger laps very very quick.

Cheers again alex

Dougie

I can certainly vouch for a some truly epic laps around Knockhill in Alex's previous R35. I doubt few have lapped that track more than Alex so he knows every millimetre and it was awesome how he kept the same line on the limit through the corners on every lap. :#1:

An experience I will never forget.

• 1 month later...

Alex,

That's a GT-R track edition? - What mods has it got?

Indeed, Track Pack Edition'

Just normal upgrades as the track pack already has some superb enhancements over the normal 35.

Running Ecutek with a stage 4.5 with circa 720bhp, unsure of lbs/ft as never been on a dyno.

Some minor suspension and geo tweeks.

Running AP J Hooks with Carbotech XP12, Castrol React Racing Brake Fluid and Goodridge lines.

MPSS all round: 305 rears and 285 fronts: XL walls as not run flats.

GR6 running 2016 software and Pentosin Racing Fluid, complimenting a recent tranny upgrade.

Quite a quick car, lapping KRC in high 57s and 0 - 60 in 2.45secs which is not bad for a curb weight of 1740kg.

Some pix of when I did the stage 4.5 last year:

DSCF4877_zps1egcov6t.jpg

DSCF4886_zpse6kpkwoa.jpg

DSCF4882_zpsk7jbawdx.jpg

R35%20GEARBOX%20OUT%2016%2007%202015_zpsovqivuez.jpg

Neither will Mrs glrnet!!😂 Stop the world I want to get off!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

😂😂 perfect end to a hoon!

I doubt I could handle pax laps with Mr T anymore! I'd probably vom 😷

Neither will Mrs glrnet!!������ Stop the world I want to get off!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

������������ perfect end to a hoon!

I doubt I could handle pax laps with Mr T anymore! I'd probably vom ������

f*ck I need tapatalk don't I?!

That is superb.

Think I may upgrade my M3 next year to a GT-R.

Do you lower the boost when on track? - I'm assuming your motor is still stock?

How is the zed going - is that seeing any track time too.

Btw, i need to message you about another VQ motor would you believe :p

Alex,

Just normal upgrades as the track pack already has some superb enhancements over the normal 35.

Running Ecutek with a stage 4.5 with circa 720bhp, unsure of lbs/ft as never been on a dyno.

Running AP J Hooks with Carbotech XP12, Castrol React Racing Brake Fluid and Goodridge lines.

GR6 running 2016 software and Pentosin Racing Fluid, complimenting a recent tranny upgrade.

Quite a quick car, lapping KRC in high 57s and 0 - 60 in 2.45secs which is not bad for a curb weight of 1740kg.

That is superb.

Think I may upgrade my M3 next year to a GT-R.

Do you lower the boost when on track? - I'm assuming your motor is still stock?

How is the zed going - is that seeing any track time too.

Btw, i need to message you about another VQ motor would you believe :p

Alex,

The boost only gets lowered on track if conditions are wet and slippy, otherwise full boost and internals are still stock.

The 350 now has Syvecs and putting down over 700 at the hubs with similar lbs ft.

Plenty VQ motors in stock. :thumbs:

DSCF4982_zpsqyah6wwr.jpg