Its official - MPSS are no longer the best

brillomaster

just done 2500 miles in France on my new mpss(s)?,absolutely brilliant-ride quality,noise level and grip.I read the EVO test,my car will be in the garage most of the winter anyway and I do not drive hard in the wet so thats o.k.!

oh yeah, our RSRs have split across the tread. but they've done 5 trackdays, expect to get another 3 out of them before they need replacing. hopefully the new ones wont split! but they feel fine to drive on, and are showing no bulging or anything, its just a crack appearing along the thread.

I would prefer a better track tyre, but for the money (£90 a tyre in 255/35/18 size) they're working really well, and they're way grippier than the budget ditchfinder we normally run!

tried the 123s yet?

http://www.driftworks.com/achilles-radial-123s-tyres-all-sizes.html

£95 a corner in your size

Good to see Eagle F1 3's getting the recognition they deserve, I was surprised when some members were slating them in another topic on here the other day. Great tyre.

Again, horses for courses. Had the F1's on my Impreza and they were bloody woeful. Hated every second of running those.

• Like 1

I don't understand the tyre selection on these tests, they take the top of the range Michelin Pilot Super Sports (£175) and compare it against the lower in the range Yokohama V105s (£126) and Falken FK510s (£118). Why not compare against the Yoko AD08Rs (£160) or Falken FK453s (£148) which seem like a better competitor?

* Prices are from black circles for a 245/45R18 for comparison on budget/quality/whatever.

I just wish they'd use a RWD car for these things, just once. Or at least the same car year on year.

Pretty sure they did one year? MX5 or something similar?

EDIT: Yup, 2010 Google tells me

Edited by jjt
  • Like 1