How many 370 Nismo MK1s were manufactured for the UK ?

ZMANALEX

• 11 months later...

I'd say the 'when we are all battery' will still be a while off, the infrastructure isn't there to cope with total buy in yet.

I bought mine as I'd always wanted the Nismo 350 but couldn't find one so bought a normal GT.

My Z was always a second car and so intentions of use became touring different tracks around Europe etc, so I got to the stage of ownership where it was a question of making changes to my 350 including revamp of any rust etc, boost to gain performance and aero/ suspension work to make it what I want. I put a cost of around £8-10k on that to do it properly, at which point my car would still have only been worth max £10k with its low mileage, mods don't hold value in my experience.

So I took the decision to buy a car without rust, with a functional aero package, a reliable standard jump in power (which I can vouch is night and day different from my 'full bolt on' (I'm sure we all know what that means essentially) 350z), and a suspension package focussing more on motorsport than road comfort.

The fact it has a Nismo badge on is a bonus to me, but it wasn't essential, it just seemed a more viable option than buying a base one and again throwing 'mods' on it.

Whether it'll hold its value.... well, it will hold it better than a non Nismo I'd assume, but in the long run, I don't think buying a car is really the best method of investment, unless it's of the EVO, R34, Silvia, AE86 ilk....i.e. established and already appreciating classics. I bought mine for its functionality more than its residuals. :)

The amount of them produced will always be a factor, but also whether they're popular in general and I'm not entirely sure that's the case with the 370 in general yet (I'm surely allowed to say that since I have one right??:lol:), too early to tell I think. :)

I would say that the early 200 cars such as the M3 (of course), R32 golf, 350Z and s2000 all held their value really well in terms of not really dropping under the 5k mark for a good 15 years when compared to the rx8 (Owned and loved this car), TT 225s etc which soon dropped into the under 5k territory and stayed there. The S2ks have started to climb, the R32s have held mostly, but the odd 350 has been seen for sale under the 5k barrier in the last year at least. this could have benefits to it though as when cars become more accessible, the caliber of owner often changes, as does the talent of said owners and all of a sudden the 'how many left' reduces dramatically and the model becomes rare, followed usually by a price stabilisation, then rise... I personally feel this will happen with Rx8s too as they're so bloody cheap and the engine technology is now becoming a DIY job!

Back to Nismos though, the last 350z Nismo I saw for sale was a low mileage example V2 and it was 16k when the most expensive final release normal 350 was at 13k with less miles on it, this is one of only two 350 Nismos I've ever seen for sale (I mean the ones that weren't just adorned with a body kit), and it was pulling a premium for that reason, it also didn't stay for sale for very long! I have hopes that they will retain their value, but to close, I think when we are all electric (which will eventually happen), no car will be worth anything unless it can be retro fitted with hub motors to at least make it conform to hybrid (this can be done!).

Skoda were offering 4k scrappage on any diesel though so if that's the trend, you can be sure when petrol and diesel are the devil, you can always have 4k and a Skoda! :lol::stir:

Just my opinion of course but I thought I'd add a reply. :thumbs:

To add sorry, there are two mk1 and two mk2s in and around my area (including mine), so we must like them here on the fylde coast! :lol:

Edited by Nismo34
extra extremely valuable reading content

Regarding value of Mk1 I think it may well hold value quite well.Ive had a couple of Supra's and wish i'd kept one,good ones are becoming scarce and values are rising.Other cars with crazy values are the R.S. Ford focus mk2 which are not so scarce but holding value well !

Spotted a solitary MK1 while driving in my mates R34 back up from Jurgen at Cramlington. My friend had never seen one before either and was quite impressed with it. You can clearly see where the Z33 Nismo V3 body kit influenced it's styling, a very pretty car.

In terms of rarity, there won't be much of them in each of thier domestic markets relative to other base models, but therein lies the issue - The Japanese, Americans, French, Germans etc etc all have had unlimited releases of the Nismo 370z, making them a little more globally widespread than cars perhaps were before. 

In reality, Nismo has become more of a trim & options package as opposed to a bespoke track-focussed production special like it used to be. Maybe it's because the sexier, more visceral stuff only gets developed in Japan that I'm sceptical of Nismos reputation in Europe, but even so, I doubt we'll see the likes of a 400R or a Z-Tune built again by Nissan, which is a crying shame.

Would love to see an Omori Factory appear in Europe that produced and retrofitted hardcore Nismo clubman cars, but it's never going to happen.