Centre Console Question

Erni902

Hi guys, ever since I bought my Zed Ive its been bugging me as to what the hole in the centre console cubby is for. I have attached a couple of pics below to help you understand what I am referring to. Basically in the 1st picture is the bottom of the cubby underneath the arm rest. Is there supposed to be a piece of plastic that covers this hole up?

20160924_165406_zpsmwbv4zhd.jpg

The 2nd picture shows a piece of plastic that sits inside this and looks like a false floor of some sort. Again this has a hole in it but the floor does not block the first hole.

20160924_165456_zpshcjbr1lg.jpg

Does anyone know if this is supposed to be here and what its for?? Also would love to know if there is a cover that clips on that I can purchase from Nissan as I can only put large objects in here otherwise I lose things down the hole. I normally keep spare change for parking/trolleys in these types of cubbys but I cannot due to the hole.

Thanks in advance for any information that solves this mystery.

P.S. please be kind, it may seem like a stupid question but I have never owned a Zed before so no idea what a stock centre console looks like.

looks like your Bluetooth holder has been removed - the holes are for the BT cable to feed through

doubt youll be able to buy the cover on it own

buy a pre-BT 350z cubby from ebay and fit it - they dont have the hole

Just spotted your post after I posted my reply. Thanks for the info mate ill have a badgers on ebay now

Why not just buy some cheap rubber sheet and then using a cardboard template cut it to fit the centre cubby.

Link: http://www.ebay.co.u... sheet&_sacat=0

I removed my Bluetooth module in my old 350 as the cubby was much more useful for keeping my CD's in. I bought a case "similar" to the one below which fitted nicely.

Link: http://www.ebay.co.u...wwAAOSwFc5XwYVK

Just an idea. :thumbs:

Hi guys, kind of forgot I posted this to be honest. Thanks for the offer Alex but I had some hardboard and some black felt left over from making my parcel shelf so just cut the right shape out and covered it up and now Im golden.

I was looking but could only find the bluetooth units or the entire centre consoles for sale and all I really needed was a cover for the holes.

Thanks anyway for all the comments guys.

I was looking so forward to connecting my phone upto this when I first got my Z. It disconnects after a few seconds. I contacted THB Bury in Germany & they said the Z's device uses stack 3 bluetooth, whereas most new phones now use stack 4, hence why they disconnect after a few seconds. I did reply asking them if they're going to do a firmware update or would be willing to update mine if I sent it to them, they very politely said there won't be any updates. I then removed it all in favour for more storage space.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...