Post 2012 370's do they have passenger airbag off switch?

stanski

Hi everyone , been a while since I did a post on here!

Hope everyone is ok?

It looks like my other half might be getting back to Zed life (wish I was!) however this is subject to a teeny question?

Please can anyone with a 2012 -> 370 confirm if there is an 'off switch' for passenger airbag? Manchester dealer has told her yes but I have not seen anything about it anywhere?

Needed for our little un ? They also said it cant be retro fitted to earlier ones?

Thanks in advance

Stan

Edited by stanski

I've got a 2012 gt, had it 18 months and never noticed an off switch for a passenger airbag.

Although that doesn't mean there isn't one, I've never had the need to try turn it off. Have they mentioned where the switch is located and I'll have a look for it?

• Like 1

No there is no facility to switch the air bag off but there is a pressure sensor in the seat so the air bag only triggers is someone is sat on it , a child might not enable the system but you will need further clarification on it to be sure

• Like 1

I've got a 2012 gt, had it 18 months and never noticed an off switch for a passenger airbag.

Although that doesn't mean there isn't one, I've never had the need to try turn it off. Have they mentioned where the switch is located and I'll have a look for it?

Thanks for the reply?

She was told its in the glovebox apparently? Think she should have phoned Nissan UK rather than a dealer!!

No there is no facility to switch the air bag off but there is a pressure sensor in the seat so the air bag only triggers is someone is sat on it , a child might not enable the system but you will need further clarification on it to be sure

Thanks for the reply.

Hmm interesting? The problem is some child seats are very heavy ? Suppose she needs to call Nissan UK to get proper confirmation?

Yeah. Working up in Aberdeen as skipper on tugs these days.

Even busier at home now with two sets of twins!

No Zeds for me either. Had a 300zx up until a few months back, but sold it on. Looking at a G37 in a few years as a second car to go with our mini bus (Alhambra).

Yeah. Working up in Aberdeen as skipper on tugs these days.

Even busier at home now with two sets of twins!

No Zeds for me either. Had a 300zx up until a few months back, but sold it on. Looking at a G37 in a few years as a second car to go with our mini bus (Alhambra).

Sounds like you are having fun too!!

I loved my G37 but it had to go in the end to get the more practical T5!

Either way good luck and who knows maybe a zed might sneak back into our lives again at some point? Probably when the petrol has run out and electric hover cars are the norm!