Winter is coming...

Suffolkz

Perhaps surprisingly this post is not about GoT...

So I pulled into the driveway this evening and walked up to front door, while as usual, admiring the z.

But it was raining, and as I'm only into my sixth month of z ownership, couldn't help wondering how much use over the winter i'd likely get.

So the question is, do many of you limit your use over the winter as the roads and weather get worse, or carry on regardless?!

I used to SORN mine from November to March. Totally unnecessary i'm sure, but i used to have some nice 19" Volk's which would have been ruined by the salt. I had stock wheels to go on, but I was too embarrassed to drive it with those on so i never did!

• Like 1

I drive mine every day, regardless of weather. I can't think of any safety-related reason why I wouldn't?

The only reason I could think of is if it was because I planned to keep the car literally forever and wanted it never to get in contact with salt for bodywork reasons.

Any nice car I've owned has been garaged durine the winter. The roads are salty, slushy shite up here from November through to March/April so a daily car is used for the more mundane tasks.

An old colleague of mine nearly killed himself and his M6 on a ho-hum 13 mile commute - never seen a near miss affect anyone so badly, he traded the M6 the same day for a 4x4 Porker.

I just carry on regardless....

Saying that last winter was a bad one, curbed two of my brand new rota's getting stuck on a hill and then smashed my front bumper and nearly killed myself when a road sign blew into the motorway.

Said I'd keep it off road this year to avoid any unnecessary damage but it's unlikely I'll follow it through, to much of a hassle buying and running another car.

Depends on where you live, as G says if its -10 and ice everywhere there are better vehicles to get around in. Personally, living under the protective pollution bubble that covers London winter was never a biggie, drove it in the slush as well, just drove sensibly and as likely to slide around as any other car on the road.

Quinster - The snow / fun button being the traction control button going off I guess!

Seems to me that those looking to keep their z in tip top condition keep the use minimal to not-at-all over the winter.

Meanwhile, most of you carry on regardless, I'll be practising my drifti... :drive1 *cough* I mean driving carefully at all times... ;)

Quinster - The snow / fun button being the traction control button going off I guess!

Seems to me that those looking to keep their z in tip top condition keep the use minimal to not-at-all over the winter.

Meanwhile, most of you carry on regardless, I'll be practising my drifti... :drive1 *cough* I mean driving carefully at all times... ;)

Imports have a snow button I believe .