Winter is coming...

Suffolkz

For those who have seen the underground snowboarding movie "Frostbite"... Only you will know why I laughed at the title of this post more than I should have done :lol::lol::lol:

On a serious note though, wait and see how brutal this winter will be first and then I might stick some winter rubber on the Rays and keep the Works safe.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Daily Driver for me also, but got to love the characteristic change to a rear wheel drive in winter, few years of ownership so used to it now, but like everyone mentions just need to change your driving habit during these winter months and you'll be fine

Edited by Wizza2000

Run mine in winter too but do use daily more but doesn't stop me taking it out. Got polished lipped wheels also and give them a wee rinse after each use seems to be working so far.

But beware of grit motors there killer.

Similar to the pic above.... its my only car so... winter check - 1. recently serviced...check 2. new Michelin Pilot super sports summer tyres....check. Ok I'm ready for winter :thumbs: lol Mind you I keep a set of snow socks in the car and they have saved me a few times. I live in a small town high up and its a big hill to get up to the motorway... I risk it for a biscuit every winter (I hate trains). Been stuck and held up my whole town a few times on the only main road to the motorway :lol: .. just use it you'll be fine.... maybe lol

Anyone use a car cover for outside during the colder months?

I have no garage and with the Z not being my daily and will be driven much less dont know "weather" (haha get it) to invest in a decent car cover or just give her a top up with sealent and wax?

I think someone told me these were good once before ? https://www.cover-zone.com/?gclid=CPvT0u#nogo

If you're going to use a cover, then you have to wash and clean your car every single time before you put it on, else all the dirt will get trapped and scratch the paint to buggery.

Best off just keeping it topped up with a decent LSP, something like the Envy FA is superb for ease of use and gives excellent results.

It's ok saying it's just a 7k Nissan, however pls don't get value mixed up with worth ie how special something is.

My dad's latest shape 64 plate mid spec ford focus is valued more than 95% of the 350z on here, is it special in any way.......... No

Edited by davey_83
  • Like 5

Lets hope we don't see this again :scare:

P3235416_zps4bad0a20.jpg

Pete

2010 Pete?

No, it was March 2013. We usually escape the worst of the winter weather as we're in the shadow of Snowdonia, however we're in prime positioning for a real hammering if the wind comes in from the South East.

Pete

Mine's been off the road for the last few months being worked on anyway but it's general use is 'whenever it's taxed and I feel like it'.

I've had a weekend and a daily car for a while now and the only thing stopping me using something nice every day is the fuel consumption and the thought of it picking up car park damage or being the victim of some jealous low-life.

The daily is sacrificial almost, I care about my nice cars.

I have no garage and with the Z not being my daily and will be driven much less dont know "weather" (haha get it) to invest in a decent car cover or just give her a top up with sealent and wax?

I think someone told me these were good once before ? https://www.cover-zo...lid=CPvT0u#nogo

I have the same predicament, having done tonnes of research on the pro's and cons, I haven't got a cover. Some people get on fine, but like Ekona says - unless you wash it every time, you risk the grime scratching the paintwork.

I think someone told me these were good once before ? https://www.cover-zo...lid=CPvT0u#nogo

I have the same predicament, having done tonnes of research on the pro's and cons, I haven't got a cover. Some people get on fine, but like Ekona says - unless you wash it every time, you risk the grime scratching the paintwork.

Same, so many pros and cons with using covers, i dont mind the washing part as i wash the car alot already and during the winter it wont go out very often.

Same, so many pros and cons with using covers, i dont mind the washing part as i wash the car alot already and during the winter it wont go out very often.

The thought of putting a cover over the car outside through the winter would make me feel very uneasy especially with a black car. As soon as the first grit of the year hits the road my car is on my drive till we see the last of it, there is enough salt in the air living on the coast without the council adding to it. Through the winter every 6-8 weeks I snow foam, wash, wax and seal and seems to work for me.

Edited by TimC

• 3 weeks later...

As much as I'd love to tuck my Z away for the Winter, its a daily driver so I have to use it. Although I religiously fully warm it up and down again on each drive :)

Sent from my Xperia Z2 using Tapatalk

Some interesting articles on warm up and down procedures and why its not always a good idea in cold weather.

http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-culture/videos/a30249/why-you-shouldnt-warm-up-your-car/

http://www.popularmechanics.com/cars/a19086/warming-up-your-car-in-the-cold-just-harms-engine/

• Like 1