Stan350Z

Booked in with RT

23 posts in this topic

Stan350Z    22

Been a while since the last members report on Taras' body shop and after reading various experiences from several members I decided to commit to booking my Zed in for some body work. It would be good to have a recent review for all members around London potentially looking for a body shop.

The work planned is nothing the forum hasn't seen before and involve replica parts, a minor repair to a front wing following an unfortunate scrape and run to my parked Zed, and a lot of blending.

Here's some before pictures I've taken today:

WP_20160918_15_39_38_Pro_zpsyrecki2w.jpg

WP_20160918_15_39_26_Pro_zps68vehetp.jpg

WP_20160918_15_39_57_Pro_zps6fxummqt.jpg

Currently booked for 1st Oct and hope to have some after pics around 2 weeks after...

Watch this space if you've got some bodywork in mind in the near future!

Stan

Stan350Z    22

Why so sceptical! I haven't felt this giddy excitement about a car since putting a veilside kit on a Celica some 12 years ago.

Who can deny that anticipation of dropping a car at a body shop after months of research and choosing parts (Bob at Tarmac can testify being sick of my pms - thanks buddy!) just wanted to share it with like minded folks.

Also hope traders who deliver good work are recognised - call it strategic if you like... But I found it quite hard to choose a body shop and this forum helped me pull the trigger.

• Like 1

coldel    3,060

Taras and co will do the job for you - but surprised that you found it hard to find a good reputable body shop, when posting up the question you will usually find the usual suspects i.e. RT and TGM both local enough to London.

Adrian@TORQEN    3,309

Nothing to worry about Stan, you'll see plenty of Lamborghini, Ferrari, Aston Martin, Porsche, GTR, McLaren, Rolls Royce, Bentley and so on when you drop the car with the guys at RTP :) They're the top dogs in terms of body work!

Edited by Adrian@TORQEN

Payco    1,453

Taras has had my car 4 times for modding and I wouldn't take it anywhere else. Will be there this Sat with a friend so may see you and your car. Here's a few photos of the stunning job they did on customising my chargespeed to show off my ARK exhaust. Simply the best.

Before

myz_zps3b6d170c.jpg

MP4_zps29333362.jpg

During

WorkInProgress-Bumper_zps657222a1.jpg

bumperlatest_zps6ea3642e.jpg

Fribumper_zpsf685c583.jpg

After

get-attachment3_zps42dfccce.jpg

Fully modded courtesy of RTP

My%20Z%20Incarnation%202015_zpsq04bwgjn.jpg

Edited by Payco
  • Like 1

Payco    1,453

You will be very pleased with the end result I am sure of that. :lol:. Looking forward to seeing your photos.

Payco    1,453

Thanks Ady,looks like they are busy with some big projects.Hope you can make it in the GTR Sat..

350 Russ    373

Stan and Martin, in case I won't be there on Saturday here is how RTP looked this evening :lol:

That aventador just made me cry!

Adrian@TORQEN    3,309

Stan and Martin, in case I won't be there on Saturday here is how RTP looked this evening :lol:

Don't worry, it's only 2nd time crashed within 2 months...

Edited by Adrian@TORQEN
  • Like 1

350 Russ    373

Don't worry, it's only 2nd time crashed within 2 months...

Social services should take it away and put it in proper care!!!

Stan350Z    22

My Z will win the vintage award in that crowd!

So weekend before she goes in, I decided to give her a thorough wash with a coat of T cut colour restorer followed by a coat of Turlewax. (I hope that's a good idea...?)

4 hours of labour clearly justified a few more pre-bodyshop shots!

IMG_0041_zps2ilssnoy.jpg

IMG_0039_zpspk5ust6k.jpg

a3df24a6-bf46-4492-a44e-40ef077313e8_zpsd73dmjy9.jpg

85c2e578-473c-4cc2-8b6a-c9ee03c5fd67_zpsclpyswxx.jpg

Proud to be Resale Silver!

Ricey    1,756

A. never ever use Tcut. It's crap. Besides which you have a lacquered car so it wouldn't restore any colour at any rate.

B. Never apply products to your car when it's having paint done.

If there is any silicone in your products RT will be cursing you as it causes fisheyes.

That said......she looks great!

If you want to use something half decent for regular polishing that will give you a bit of shine without being too aggressive something like Megs 205 or even Ultimate Compound at a push would be far better.

Autoglum/tcut/demon shine/wonder wheels et al sling in your nearest bin.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Stan350Z    22

So it's been an agonising two and a half weeks since I dropped the car off with Taras at RT, and after a change of heart on skirts, minor issues with rear sensors, impossible dilemmas on number plate sizes and placement... I'm pleased to report the day of reckoning has turned out to be an absolute success.

My experience started with top class service and advice. Taras was thorough and specific about the job making sure he got all the necessary details to make sure the job is done to my expectation. The quotation he provided wasn't just fair but was also broken down in detail, instilling confidence I wasn't going to be taken for a ride. He was also ready to offer a small but much appreciated club discount from the offset. He accepted every minor request I'd made with neither complaint or any significant change to the quote - this included installing existing parking sensors on the new rear, installing new LED bulbs, supplying gloss black mesh, and repairing some minor damage to a front wing as part of the blending that he'd recommended. The week before I put the car in I noticed a few more blemishes that I flagged up and again these were fairly quoted for with no hesitance on taking further instruction. To top off our first meeting having seen I dropped off the car with my young daughter he proceeded to offer me a lift in a rather sexy S600 to the station.

Mid works he had contacted me about some side skirts I'd supplied independently, and had explained they would take a lot of work to make fit. He'd suggested based on the minimalistic style I was after he could supply some Chargespeed replicas he supplies, but modified so the side vents were filled and smoothed. I did suspect it could be a classic upsale situation, but to be fair Taras did help with correspondence with the suppliers of the original skirts and even offered to repackage and courier the skirts back. After seeing some sample pictures and agreeing a reasonable price I decided to go ahead - at least the skirts would be that bit more unique.

The skirts issue meant I missed a personal deadline as I was hopeful to make a wedding road trip in the car, but a quality finish was always going to be the priority. The car was only delayed by a week and a bit, and I can only say that the inspection of the finished product today blew my mind. The fitment was near enough perfect, all joints tight and even, colour blended well, all new parts anchored proper sturdy. Taras waited for my arrival before applying the final touches like badges and plates so I can make the decision after seeing the alternative positions, and was very patient with my indecisiveness! He had tested the rear sensors and trialed and tested until all sensors worked correctly, installed all the bulbs I'd supplied, repaired all the minor blemishes and even threw in a good polish of the headlamps for free.

I can genuinely say this guy goes the extra mile for the passion of delivering excellence in a job he clearly loves. I am so glad I went ahead with the booking despite having read an imperfect record. I can whole heartedly recommend Taras and his team and will no doubt be back with any body shop needs.

And here are some piccies...

WP_20161025_11_23_11_Pro_zpstgulunwb.jpg

WP_20161025_11_24_06_Pro_zpscnvi3weo.jpg

WP_20161025_11_40_31_Pro_zpsj1nzwokq.jpg

WP_20161025_12_01_57_Pro_zps8g7gzyhn.jpg

WP_20161025_12_02_37_Pro_zpsmy3bqpws.jpg

WP_20161025_12_03_00_Pro_zpsshlhzkva.jpg

WP_20161025_12_05_01_Pro_zpsqj2l7dw8.jpg

WP_20161025_12_05_48_Pro_zpsvgoefwe9.jpg

WP_20161025_14_40_45_Pro_zpshuwmfe3o.jpg

WP_20161025_18_17_33_Pro_zpswzxg6uwt.jpg

WP_20161025_18_18_34_Pro_zps42sicywj.jpg