[SOLD]Nismo LM GT4 wheels by Rays, with tyres.

jim

NOW SOLD.

Sadly, my Z has gone to the breakers. We lost a fight with a telegraph pole and the insurance company has written it off.

I have no plans to get another Z, so my Nismo LM GT4 wheels are now superfluous to requirements and I want to sell them. I am based in Central Scotland.

I bought these wheels from ZMANALEX in April 2011 and they have been on the car only during the summer months since then. I put the original wheels back on every winter and the Nismos have never been exposed to salt etc. Apart from regular washing, I cleaned them once or twice with ValetPro Bilberry Wheel Cleaner and protected them with Poorboys alloy wheel wax at least twice per year. Overall, therefore, they are in very good condition, as you can see from the pictures. There are scuffs on the rims on three of them, the worst being on the front nearside. Again, the pictures should show the extent of that damage.

The tyres are Falkens, and still have a decent amount of tread on them. The fronts have around 7-8mm and the rears around 5-6mm. They have never been punctured or leaked at all during all the time I have run them. There is however some damage on the tread of the front offside tyre. This was caused by the wheel arch liner scraping the tread when the car was being recovered. I have included a picture to show this damage. The wheels themselves were not damaged in the accident.

In perfect condition, I reckon that they would be worth about £1600 for the set, but given the damage to one tyre, I have reduced that by £100, so I think that £1500 for these very rare wheels is a fair asking price. This includes a full set of black studs and locking wheel nuts. Buyer to collect.

IMG_3748.jpg

Here they are while still on the car.

IMG_0239.jpg

And off the car now.

IMG_3724.jpg

Rear O/S

IMG_3723.jpg

Rear N/S

IMG_3721.jpg

Rear N/S close-up of marks on rim.

IMG_3722.jpg

Front N/S

IMG_3718.jpg

Front N/S closeups of scuffs on outer rim.

IMG_3719.jpg

IMG_3720.jpg

Front O/S

IMG_3714.jpg

Front O/S close-up of scuffs on outer rim. The spokes are in perfect order - the marks shown in their photo are just reflections.

IMG_3715.jpg

Front O/S tread damage.

IMG_3717.jpg

IMG_3740.jpg

Edited by jim
  • Like 1

These seem to cheap!! Won't hang around long at that price!

I am surprised they are still up for sale even though the ad only went up last night !!! They will sell then we will get a load of wanted LMGT4 wheels wanted threads...normally the way. You don't need any luck selling these Jim.

These seem to cheap!! Won't hang around long at that price!

I am surprised they are still up for sale even though the ad only went up last night !!! They will sell then we will get a load of wanted LMGT4 wheels wanted threads...normally the way. You don't need any luck selling these Jim.

Thanks for these thoughts. Hope you are right!

• 3 weeks later...

I'm really surprised that nobody has wanted to buy these yet. Am I asking too much for them?

As someone who has been around as long as you on the forum we know that in the early days there is no doubt these were the rims to have and I seem to recall I paid around £1650 for them new in 2008 (iirc) and that included Falken 452's from a trader on here.

And for anyone looking to get their 350 kitted out with the original Nismo options these wheels are probably top on most peoples list.

But, times have moved on the range of aftermarket wheels now available is so much better and some really good rims can be had for not too much money. Moreover, we are seeing more and more Zeds being modded with what are regarded as 'todays' wheels to have rather than going down the traditional route.

So what I am trying to say is that the demand for LM GT4's is not so hot and buyers prepared to spend up to one and half grand on a set, and then probably another 500 or so quid on tyres, are likely to be looking for as perfect condition as possible. That is not to say there may be those who would be put off by the price, but you may have to wait some time for those buyers. And we have seen these wheels in the wanted sub-forum from time to time - in fact that is how I have sold nearly all my ZED parts (and the 370) rather than resorting to 'for sale' ads. ;)

Hope that helps and offered solely in response to your ask.