de-cat ecu reset ?

Evil-C

JoshC the pic of those decats look like they already have integral spacers to avoid CEL, but its obviously not enough, but that is where the cat lambdas fit.

I see, need to have a look at the actual one's I have boxed up when I visit home but at leasts that makes sense to me now in terms of fittings! Cheers mate! :thumbs:

can this be used then just to turn the light off whenver it comes on? Is it completely random how often it somes on, if at all?

i ran HFCs without a re-map for a year with no issues. Yes the EML came on after 1k miles but the re-map @ Abbey sorted that out.

And yes, the zed will run lean once the decats or HFCs are on.

Can you explain just how the engine runs lean with decats. and by how much, AFR etc, as air fuel is determined by incoming airflow,and lambda feedback, so anything that increases/decreases this will be compensated for by lambda feedback,

so in order for the ECU not to be able to compensate AFRs would need to be way out of range which decats alone would not do, if this was the case a lot of Z would be in a bad state.

When i took it to Abbey, and had a run as it was before the map, i asked Mark if it was running rich or lean, and iirc, i remember being surprised when he said "lean", which was the opposite of what i thought. I may have remembered that wrong. If you think it's wrong, then just disregard what i said, but i was basing it from that memory, not from my mechanical know-how.

Just to update people who have chipped in with help on this, I had the decats fitted last week. Fit was pretty straight forward and the spacers I bought from TS have done the trick keeping the light off, however the sound isn't quite right. Sure it's nothing to do with the decats as such as I know lots of people fit these Cobra decats and I have heard them teamed with other systems in the past and sound great but the cat back section of my exhaust is a bit bespoke and when I had it custom made I went back for them to increase the noise levels at the time and he used a little trick, putting 2 small 19mm pipes in that bypass the back box. Think the combo of this unusual set up and the decats has just made the noise too much for my liking :(

So thanks all for the help but they'll be coming off tomorrow and will be up for sale if anyone is looking to buy ;)

• 3 years later...

I have just bought a 2010 370z black edition and it has fitted a cobra de cat'd exhaust, sounds great but the EML light keeps coming on as the o2 Sensors are no longer on the exhaust, keeps coming up with the same 2 codes. Does anyone know how i can get the eml light to stay off ? hope someone can help thank you! 

3 hours ago, Adam G said:

Does anyone know how i can get the eml light to stay off ?

If the decats can accommodate O2 sensors you can try re-fitting them with some spacers, but the only guaranteed way is to get the car remapped to turn them off. 

44 minutes ago, Adam G said:

I was hoping to remap them to turn them off iv asked around but have been told there isn’t the technology apparently. Do you recommend anywhere? Thank you 

Where are you based? Abbey Motorsport (Oxted, Surrey) can tune with EcuTek and do this.