370z headlight delay

Sarg

A lot of modern cars seem to have 'home safe lights' so you can see to get to the front door when you've parked up. I've had my 370z 18 months and never found such a feature tho.

I suppose reading the manual would tell, but who ever does that 😀

• 2 weeks later...

Guys,

After switching off engine, pull light switch up as if to put full beam on, and dipped beam will stay on for 30 seconds. This will work for up to 2 mins after turning engine off.

It says it in the manual, and it works on my Rosie!

Gives you a chance to get to the front door eh

Rich

Guys,

After switching off engine, pull light switch up as if to put full beam on, and dipped beam will stay on for 30 seconds. This will work for up to 2 mins after turning engine off.

Rich

Well, I know what I'm trying when I get to the car later!!

I`ve always thought the 370 was been missing a lot of stuff - like a digital speedo, auto dimming rear view mirror, memory positions for the seats, auto folding mirrors, which a lot of other cars seem to have as standard nowadays.

Never mind all that, what about auto UP on the passenger window. It has auto down, how difficult would it have been to do up at the same damn time! :dry:

Edited by mattross1313

Guys,

Rich

Well, I know what I'm trying when I get to the car later!!

I`ve always thought the 370 was been missing a lot of stuff - like a digital speedo, auto dimming rear view mirror, memory positions for the seats, auto folding mirrors, which a lot of other cars seem to have as standard nowadays.

Never mind all that, what about auto UP on the passenger window. It has auto down, how difficult would it have been to do up at the same damn time! :dry:

I think they disable auto up on passenger windows in the EU for safety reasons!

Oh really? Learn something new every day. Any idea why?

I originally heard it was so that a child in the passenger seat couldn't mess around with the button and get an arm/neck crushed in the window.

Now I'm reading other sources that say the reason the driver side has it is so that the driver can return their hands to the wheel ASAP, rather than holding the button down, whereas the slightly cheaper (manual) option is used for every other window. Not sure which to believe now!

Now I'm reading other sources that say the reason the driver side has it is so that the driver can return their hands to the wheel ASAP, rather than holding the button down, whereas the slightly cheaper (manual) option is used for every other window. Not sure which to believe now!

That kinda makes sense to stop the driver becoming side tracked with the window. I was driving a mates E320 last night and on that both front windows had auto up from the driver side control panel. Which either means Nissan did it to save money as other EU cars allow it on the passenger side. Or it means Zee Germans aren't concerned with small children getting their necks stuck.

Oh, and to bring this thread back on topic. I tried the headlight trick after turning off the ignition and it worked a charm. I was able to exit and lock the car, the lights then stayed on for another 15 seconds or so. This is most helpful at night, just a shame I reverse onto the drive so doesn't help when I'm trying to open the front door at night :lol:

I thought I was on my own on this one. Mine doesn't go up even from the driver's side. Very annoying, anyone have any ideas on wiring to fix this?!