New Phone Time

-G-

Not the most original of posts, but I'm starting a new sim-only contract when I get home so weighing up the pro's and cons of a new handset.

Currently have a OnePlusOne - which is a great little phone but is somewhat muted in processing power these days (I run loads of games and emulators on it) but the storage of 64GB is plenty for what I do.

Options so far are the

Oneplus3,

Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge

S7 Note (Although the battery issue has kind of scotched that)

LG G5, although think its a bit gimmicky with the modular slot things

Anyone got any of the above phones or have anything not above that you feel is worth mentioning?

I should note, I'm not an iPhone fan but in the interests of diversity, feel free to write a recommendation to others if you feel the need.

If you like the current 1P1 then I'd say just get the 1P3, as you know what you're getting and it's going to be faster than what you have.

If you do fancy a change, I couldn't look past the S7E myself. Lovely thing, if a little light.

• Like 1

It's many many hundreds. Samsung being the bright sparks they are glue the back panel on to toughen the phone up, they also bond the screen display to the gorilla glass making separating the two basically impossible. Replacing a cracked screen means lots of new parts. The headline on the SlashGear website was 'seriously, don't break your S7 Edge!' That was alI I needed to see to make my mind up about the phone

My contract is up too now, currently using an s5. I am out of sync with the samsung release cycle, so my choices are either an s7 / s7e or wait until April for the s8..... Then at least then i will be back on cycle.

Wouldn't a contract on an S7 now be much cheaper than getting an S8 in April? I'm thinking that being out of sync might be a good thing!

I had recently bought a samsung galaxy s6 refurbished off ebay (same as you sim only and to replace my galaxy s3 i had from new)

Then recently at work my boss asked if i wanted to buy his samsung galaxy s7 edge for £200. I had to.

Its great! and I have one of those cool flip cases included which knock the hpone off once closed so I don't pocket dial anyone like I did with my last phone.

I have a OnePlus 3. All I can say is its brilliant.

To help you out my brother has the original OnePlus. Side by side with the Oneplus3 it's just better in every way and much faster with the 6GB RAM and the Snapdragon 820. Fluid and quick.

Any questions about it ask away