Don't speed in Switzerland!

SwissZ

3 cars out of a group over from the UK caught doing nearly nearly twice the limit in a 80 kph zone on Tuesday....

A Jag F-Type and a Ferrari not sure... 575? confiscated and a total so far of CHF 9300 (£8500) in fines! I'm assuming they'll eventually get the cars back but it's not guaranteed! :scare: :scare: :scare:

For anyone that speaks German (or just wants to name that Ferrari) : http://www.20min.ch/...-Raser-22213317

That's gotta hurt! :surrender:

No sympathy. Every man and his dog knows that Switzerland is THE worst place to speed ever, even more so than France, so to be doing twice the limit is epic muppetry.

And it's a 550 Barchetta. I think it's the light clusters that give it away from the later 575.

Edited by Ekona

Google translate doesn't work too well - here's what it converts the first bit to!

Valais police stops British Raser

Almost twice as fast as allowed several handlebars were in Valais go. The police were able to stop three of them and imposed hefty buses.

• Like 7

Ouch! But if you lube up, you can get bummed.

Add Norway and Finland to Dan's list of worst places to get caught. We got pulled in Norway for a safe overtake on a slow lorry (nothing coming the other way for miles) after he radioed the local PD because he didn't like being passed.

Needless to say no criminal proceedings were initiated and they were very friendly.

Google translate doesn't work too well - here's what it converts the first bit to!

Valais police stops British Raser

Almost twice as fast as allowed several handlebars were in Valais go. The police were able to stop three of them and imposed hefty buses.

:lol:

We came back from Switzerland 2 weeks ago, we noticed numerous police with cameras along the routes. We went with the intention of taking it slow, enjoying the scenery and not speeding. It is well known what happens if you do get caught. If you take the risk you have to pay for it, no sympathy I am afraid.

The roads and views are stunning so why not just sit back, take it slow and enjoy the view. If you want to play with speed then use the autobahn on the way down

• Like 3

When I went on a commercial rally 2 cars got impounded by the Swiss

One gtr 40k and one new tt 28k

The guy with the tt fought it and it cost him as much as the car was worth

The guy with the gtr didn't care.

It spoils it for everyone

Needless to say that's why we organise our own trips now with like minded people who respect each other to not draw attention to the group

^^^ Whilst i appreciate the sarcasm i am the first to advocate enjoying our cars for what they are, however, that doesnt mean driving at twice the speed limit. The roads are pretty shocking these days and we are all quick to jump if a video gets posted of someone driving like a tool :)

• Like 1

You don't need to speed to enjoy the roads in Switzerland. The autobahns on the other hand is like driving along the M6 in Birmingham in rush hour with equally inspirational scenery, so it's a good thing you can get it done as quickly as you like.

Edited by gangzoom

^^^ Whilst i appreciate the sarcasm i am the first to advocate enjoying our cars for what they are, however, that doesnt mean driving at twice the speed limit. The roads are pretty shocking these days and we are all quick to jump if a video gets posted of someone driving like a tool :)

I know it was in jest :)

Sometimes the roads are that busy I question if sports cars are worth it

And then I slap myself

I think you're sort of ok in the high parts of the peaks and mountain passes. At least we've never seen any police or cameras there. In the lower sections, yes, and on the main roads entering and exiting in between villages. Still need to be very careful and it only takes one bell-end to ruin the trip.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

When I went on a commercial rally 2 cars got impounded by the Swiss

One gtr 40k and one new tt 28k

The guy with the tt fought it and it cost him as much as the car was worth

The guy with the gtr didn't care.

It spoils it for everyone

Needless to say that's why we organise our own trips now with like minded people who respect each other to not draw attention to the group

Was this last year ?

A saw a Black GTR in March/April that had to be recovered from Switzerland after being impounded by the authorities, by the time it was released the battery had gone flat and it caused an immobiliser fault , Nissan over there and in France couldn't sort it so he had to get it recovered to Litchfields where they quick fixed it , he was without the car for about 8 months

Aren't the fines in Switzerland related to your annual income instead of being a fixed rate?

Up to +25 km/h in a built up area and 30 on the motorway they're fixed, above that they'll start looking at your salary. My last fine was 40 francs (£31) for going 1 km too fast :lol: