iPhone 7, Apple Watch 2

Adrian@TORQEN

Order placed, delivery date for the matte black already moved to end of September...

Delivery 1

Dispatches: 6-8 business days

Delivery: 27 Sep - 29 Sep by Standard Shipping

Jet black is now at 4-6 weeks shipping period.

Shipping times are going up at a very fast pace

Got my order confirmation at 8:04 for jet black shipping time 1 to 2 weeks, delivery est 26 sept to 3rd October

Edited by tatooandy67

I just ordered a grey one

Dispatches: 6-8 business days

Delivery: 27 Sep - 29 Sep by Standard Shipping

I was going to go black but there was no 32G version

The headphone thing was a bit of a worry but I figured that if I just leave the new adapter on the end of my headphones then its no different to how it is now. I'll still be popping my headphones on and plugging one cable into my phone.

The main issue I see is not being able to charge when the headphones are plugged in will be annoying at times. Even more so in a few years when the battery starts to degrade. I expect someone will have come up with a work around by then though.

I just hope the new BookBook case is out by then.

I bought some wireless headphones for my phone a while back - they were 'ok' sometimes they would lose connection, battery life was not bad about 2 hours of constant use. Tucked away at the back of the drawer now, got fed up charging them.

I don't mind change and embrace it (I am in charge of product development in my team so always looking at new tech) but I like necessary and impactful change, not change for the sake of releasing a new product which unfortunately I have found Apple doing of late.

It is necessary though, if you want better battery life and funky new hardware like haptic feedback buttons. Or you end up having to put up with a larger phone, and I think we're borderline on acceptable on that right now as it is.

I don't mean to come across as an Apple apologist: I mean, I like their products but my love for the company has waned in recent years (been a while since I did a 3am queue for a new phone!). They do still however seem to be the only company that's willing to take a risk and try something different, for better or worse. People moaned like crazy at the Lightning connector: Now look at the USB-C standard, it's going the exact same way and will also replace the need for a 3.5mm jack eventually. ApplePay appears to have brought contactless to the US market in a way that nothing else has.

Then of course you have the Watch, which even Apple don't seem to really know what it wants to be :lol:

I ordered the watch this morning. Black on black. Saying 2 week delivery tho. I ordered using the app which is supposed to be the easiest way. Hope it's here next Friday. I hating waiting for stuff!

Please feed back about the watch. I have a watch sport and the gps with waterproof additions is proving very tempting.

That said will probably wait until the new year as I only swim on holiday. I'd love it to connect to GoPro without the phone acting as a proxy but I think that's a bit much to ask.

Yeah upgraded to iPhone 7 and also my watch to the new one, I like new shiny things so have to upgrade each year :lol:

Waterproof and dedicated GPS was the winner for me to upgrade my watch.

Saying 2 weeks for me too, need to get my current watch replaced under warranty as Apple Pay doesn't work so should have a brand new one to sell once I get the series 2.

Edited by Jp606
  • Like 1

I'm now interested in the watch. I always said when the first one was launched that it needs GPS and if they integrate it into the watch then I'll see about getting one. I'm guessing millions of others were on the fence like I was and this is why they have listened to the people and followed through, correcting the failings.

The phone I'm not sure on, not much of a difference from my 6 apart from more power, but I don't feel like I need more at the moment. Just yesterday I 'upgraded' my £48.50 4GB Vodafone contract to a sim only £14 20GB +2GB roaming contract, so if I change my mind I can shoot over to the Apple Store and pick up a 7 and save myself over £200 on the total 24 month running costs.

I'm now interested in the watch. I always said when the first one was launched that it needs GPS and if they integrate it into the watch then I'll see about getting one. I'm guessing millions of others were on the fence like I was and this is why they have listened to the people and followed through, correcting the failings.

The phone I'm not sure on, not much of a difference from my 6 apart from more power, but I don't feel like I need more at the moment. Just yesterday I 'upgraded' my £48.50 4GB Vodafone contract to a sim only £14 20GB +2GB roaming contract, so if I change my mind I can shoot over to the Apple Store and pick up a 7 and save myself over £200 on the total 24 month running costs.

I just did the same thing with a sim only deal on Vodafone, how did you get it so cheap? Best deal they could offer me was £20 for 20gb as I've been with them for 8 years

I just did the same thing with a sim only deal on Vodafone, how did you get it so cheap? Best deal they could offer me was £20 for 20gb as I've been with them for 8 years

My company are signed up to the Vodafone Advantage Scheme, so that means it gives employees 15% off phone contracts or 30% off sim only plans.

• Like 1

People moaned like crazy at the Lightning connector: Now look at the USB-C standard, it's going the exact same way and will also replace the need for a 3.5mm jack eventually.

But this isnt anything to do with Apple, this is the other 99% of manufacturers that chose to stick with "the standard" - USB-C will not go into a Lightning hole and vice versa.

ApplePay appears to have brought contactless to the US market in a way that nothing else has.

Apart from contactless cards, right? :lol:

Then of course you have the Watch, which even Apple don't seem to really know what it wants to be :lol:

OK, I dont want to get Apple vs Droid but this is my current watch:

style-5-1.jpg

Quite aside from costing less and doing more, see how it actually looks like watch? Thats what Apple need to do, but I doubt they have realised it yet, theyve only had 15 months :lol: