iPhone 7, Apple Watch 2

Adrian@TORQEN

Nope. Bored of upgrading phones now, not when they offer nothing practical over the existing models. It's all just gimmicks now, across all manufacturers.

I can't see them launching the Watch 2 today, or at least if they do it'll either be a token crappy upgrade else it'll get lost in the witch hunt that is morons complaining about the loss of the headphone socket which has been around since the late 1800s.

• Like 4

I love my Apple products, but I am way past upgrading for the sake of upgrading. I have a series 3 Apple TV device, an iPhone 6 and a 2009 Macbook Pro. All great products but they all still work, all still well up to spec in terms of what I need, unless there is some serious step change in the phone why change? The camera is such a non-event, as it is on most phones, I would never take a serious photo with a phone, only for snapping stuff here and there.

I'll do the upgrade, but only to ensure i keep within the warranty period etc. The camera is a useful upgrade as i spend a lot of time on the road on various sites, but the whole fascination with new apple products has long since gone.

• Like 1

I'll do the upgrade, but only to ensure i keep within the warranty period etc. The camera is a useful upgrade as i spend a lot of time on the road on various sites, but the whole fascination with new apple products has long since gone.
Much the same for all of them I think and until one of the major manufacturers incorporates something unique, like a tea maker then I'm not really fussed anymore😄 Joking aside if there was one feature you could have on a new phone what would it be?

Sent from my Zed using Nangkang tyres front, RE040's rear

I've still got my S5 from a few years ago and it's still as good as it was when I bought it. Might get an S7 when the S8 comes out, but gone are the days when you need a new phone every year. It seems like a total waste of money for very little improvement.

There's no real innovation from Apple, especially when their recent adverts are claiming they have invented moving pictures and a keyboard for a tablet. Fairly sure short videos have been around for a while as well as keyboards... MS Surface.

Maybe I'm getting old, but I'm much more interested in innovation or value for money. Neither of which are offered by the latest smart phones.

I'm definitely looking forward to the new iPhone unveiling, I may be in the minority on here but I can't wait to get caught up in the whole pre order countdown, I'm still happy with my apple watches though so even if there's a watch 2 I'm in no rush for that. Looking forward to ios10 and the new watch os :)

Edited by tatooandy67

One new feature? A battery that lasted a sensible amount of time would be great. I'm talking a week of normal use, but that'll never happen as people are used to charging daily and power usage is forever increasing as features get added. Circular argument, sadly.

• Like 1

Looking forward to ios10 and the new watch os :)

I've been on iOS 10 and watchOS since the first developer betas, you'll love it!

http://www.apple.com/uk/ios/ios10-preview/

I wanted to download the betas but not sure how and was a little worried about bugs, good that you've enjoyed them though, now I'm getting even more impatient/excited :)

A battery that lasted a sensible amount of time would be great.

Welcome to gangzooms world :teeth::lol:

I've got a 5s my battery maybe lasts 6hrs.... It wasn't that bad but I smashed my screen a few months ago (first time ever) and after I had it repaired the battery life tanked.

time for an upgrade.

:lol: Sorry, I was just being a geek/tw*t. Apologies.

Just had a cursive glance over the iPhone family wiki, and I didn't realise that they actually made the battery in the 6+S smaller than in the older 6+. I'm definitely glad I got the latter and never upgraded now, be interesting to see which way they go on the 7s.

I've stopped upgrading. There's nothing you can point to, currently on the market, that can be said to beat my Xperia Z3 Compact.

Apple, Samsung, Sony, etc are now having to resort to gimmicks and facelifts to pass their stuff off as an 'upgrade'.