D1 spec throttle controller - PLEASE READ FIRST

MrChow

I have a D1 spec throttle controller that I bought earlier this year from eBay.

When I eventually got round to fitting it i found it didn't function.

I only got the odd flicker...

As it had been a fair few months since I bought it, I couldn't exactly send the thing back.

Being an electrical engineer I had a look at trying to find the problem.

I summised that it had 12v going in to the controller but no 12v going from there to the display unit.

Asking for £25 posted

20160904_154742.jpg

Hi,

My little bits worth,

I have the same controller, when i initially installed the D1 all i got was the same as you reported a few flickers, after a bit of web searching i found out the connector block between the controller and your accelerator can be pushed together 180 deg out,

As soon as i pushed them together and cable tied, all works correctly, Wondered why there was a large cable tie in the box

A bit peculiar, what i thought was the logical way to connect the blocks together, Wasn't, i had to turn one block 180 deg, push together, then Cable Tie.

Now All Good, Works well

Hi,

My little bits worth,

I have the same controller, when i initially installed the D1 all i got was the same as you reported a few flickers, after a bit of web searching i found out the connector block between the controller and your accelerator can be pushed together 180 deg out,

As soon as i pushed them together and cable tied, all works correctly, Wondered why there was a large cable tie in the box

A bit peculiar, what i thought was the logical way to connect the blocks together, Wasn't, i had to turn one block 180 deg, push together, then Cable Tie.

Now All Good, Works well

that's interesting, thanks for that mate I'll have a butchers tomorrow :thumbs:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey chow. Just wanted to let you know I got it working, was a bit of a pita but all good in the end.

Was it fitting the connector upside down as per the guides?

There is a small white plastic piece inside the clip that seemed to be melted stuck to another bit of plastic. Had to take the connector apart, heated a sharp blade and cut the bit that was causing the problem off.

Then followed the guide to fit it and hey presto I managed to get it on. I clipped the connectors on the right way round though but did have to use the cable ties as there wasn't a tight connection.

Not had much time to test it out as it's been snowing but had a wee shot on eco 7 and sp4 and sp10.all I could say was wow, what a difference from such a little box.

• Like 1