Cobra back box - needs welding -FREE + PP

Randy_Baton

So, I found out what was wrong with my exhaust....

I've brought a new one direct from Cobra, but if anyone wants my old one. I'll sell it for FREE + P&P. I can try to arrange delivery or meet half way if your around Brighton or Birmingham or possibly somewhere in between. FYI: a new one from Cobra can be brought for £345 (with a bit of haggling)

I presume it can be fixed by welding the tail pipe back on? If not, it may make a very nice bread bin/garden feature.

It was on the car when I brought it so I can't confirm how it old it is, other than at least 4 years.

IMG_3364_zpsttrayfzq.jpg

IMG_3354_zps3nh58qay.jpg

IMG_3359_zpsvyifslsm.jpg

IMG_3358_zpskw80jteu.jpg

IMG_3357_zpsgvjvuhy6.jpg

IMG_3362_zpsg6grlvdp.jpg

IMG_3356_zpsbgqgj94j.jpg

IMG_3360_zpsuya7xquv.jpg

IMG_3365_zpsrlkkdzfc.jpg

IMG_3368_zpstahiaq7t.jpg

Edited by Randy_Baton

• 2 weeks later...

It won't fit standard mid pipe mate.

I had a similar but less serious fault on my Cobra - its because one of the hangars connects to the tail pipe rather than the box, so vibrations all go to the pipe/box joint. Cobra fixed mine by welding some bracers between the box and pipes - very neat job though!

Yep I spoke to Cobra and its a lifetime warranty for the original owner, non transferable. They did give me a 20% discount on a new one though.

I know that a std back box won't fit a cobra mid pipe so I presume it would fit the other way round. Cougar store would probably be able to advise if there is a work around.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

This seems to be a common problem with the Cobra. When i took my Zed in to have a Y pipe back system fitted, what was on the other ramp but another Zed with exactly the same problem getting his welded. I didn't have a chance to talk to the owner as he'd left the car with them and was picking it up after work. I'm presuming he bought his Zed with the Cobra fitted hence the repair and not using the guarantee