How different to drive is the 370Z compared to the 350Z?

twobears

Is the 370Z much different to drive than the 350Z or are they very similar? I keep buying sensible cars and then regretting it. I still long for a Zed and wonder if I should save up and get one. I'm not in a position to buy one at the moment though so only dreaming at this point :blush:

Totally different cars.

370 is more refined car that's delivers the power without revving to the redline.

Cabin is nicer in the 370.

370 can tramline, feel unstable with poor tyres or if the geometry needs resetting.

My first test drive was in a poor example and put me off but now I have owned my 370 2 years. I have had the geometry aligned and fitted MPSS and it's a buzz to drive.

• Like 1

Thanks both of you :) I was sitting at the petrol station behind a 350Z this evening and when he drove off I was consumed with envy :blush: I miss my Roadster so much but I had to sell it because I was living in a flat and the next door neighbour kept opening their door onto it. It was either sell up or commit murder :rant: I'm now on my second Fiesta ST3 and they are very practical cars but they aren't a patch on Mr Zedley :wacko:

Totally different cars.

Errrr ........ very similar cars actually, the 370 feels like a development of the 350 in everything it does, it even looks pretty similar. :scare:

Interior much better on the later car but handling characteristics are quite similar, the power delivery isnt dissimilar either, if Id shut my eyes I wouldnt be sure which I was driving. 370 is definitely better but by how much is personal opinion, mine is "not enough".

Sorry, but a 370 is pretty much what you would expect 350Z Mk2 to be, to call them totally different is ridiculous.

Personally I feel the 370 is an evolution of the 350. Cabin is a nicer place to be and I love the syncro Rev matching. Connect sat nav is also excellent. It does feel like it has a lot more power through the range however I came from the 276 350 so it was quite a jump up to Rosie at 350hp after the tweaks.

However, I have let a number of people drive the 370 and those that had the later 350s said there was not that much of a difference re power delivery and if they didn't look down at the cockpit it felt like their 350.

I found the seats more comfy in the 350 but that may be because I'm a bit of a giant and the 370 cabin on the roadster is shorter than the 350. I also found the 350 was a more raw experience, steering was heavier and you felt more connected to the road. You are aware that there is more technology between you and the road. The 370 does tram line more and I have heard of a number of 370 owners say the tyre noise is more pronounced in the 370. Funnily enough the roadster is quieter due to the changed structure behind the driver.

Biggest issue with the 370 was the noise though, the standard exhaust was a huge dissapointment but that's easily fixed.

Personally after I upgraded I never looked back, it's a very capable car and I'm glad I made the change but don't expect a huge change, it's an evolution, other than the syncro matching which is awesome

• Like 2

As Will says ^^^^ :thumbs:

Quite honestly if your budget is £15k+ then given the means of transport you have been using then as the 370 is more up-to-date in the cabin and you like the looks then I'm sure you will feel quite at home after your 350 experience.

Hi Twobears,

I have owned a 2009 350Z HR and now a 2012 370Z GT Edition (Auto).

As others have said, the 370 does not feel massively different (from the HR), but more updated. More modern looks, better interior, etc. And the wheels - I love the 370 wheels!

I have only driven the GT Edition 370 which according to the blurb, has suspension that has been been better revised for UK / European roads. It is actually very good, soaks up bumps nicely and is not crashy even over some of the potholed roads around here.

I bought the auto which is really Jeckyl and Hyde. You can stick it in full auto and just waft around in great comfort, or for a much more engaging drive use the paddles.

There appears to be quite a difference in price between a 350 and 370 of similar ages. A 2009 350 HR and a 2009 370Z GT may have a price difference of £3K or more for similar mileage cars that may only have a few months between them so really depends on budget. Having owned both, I would have been just as happy if my budget had only stretched to a 350 HR again.

Hope this helps,

P

• Like 1

Thanks everyone. All points of view noted :) I'm still only dreaming about owning another Zed at the moment because I'm elderly and my Fiesta is nice enough to drive, easy to park (I struggled a bit with my Roadster as I couldn't see out of the back window, although it was very easy with the roof down :lol: ) and the local garage gave me a great deal as I traded in my 20 month Fiesta for this one. I should be happy with what I've got but I still find myself looking at Zeds and feeling jealous because I have never loved a car so much :blush:

Its all a matter of personal opinion really. I had a 370z Roadster for a week whilst my 350z HR Roadster was back with Nissan for some work and personally I preferred my 350z. My 350z felt quicker, more responsive and I felt handled better. I also preferred the looks of the 350z - whilst the 370z is shorter and wider, the 350z actually looks shorter and wider due to the styling. So, for me, the 370z wasnt worth moving onto, - even if I was offered a direct swap.

What I did really like about the 370z was the interior. The whole look/feel of the inside of the car was miles better than the 350z. Even the satnav and the multi-media / music streaming features the car I was given had. So much so, when I got back in to my 350z (even though mine was the facelift one) it really made my car feel dated inside.

Well having just gone to the 370z from a DE ( 6 years) I do have to say I have not missed the 350z as much as thought I would of.

The 350 as others have said is a more raw driving experience whereas the 70 is quite effortless. To be honest I could quite easily lose my license in 370 as you soon clock up speed without realising it! Looks wise is always going to be a personal preference and for me to really like the 370 it would have to be modded.

The interior is obviously a much nicer place to be, the sat nav and connect premium is a nice piece of kit. Just how cars evole over time.

The Synchro rev is VERY addictive :)

• Like 2

I was one of those who had a quick run in Will's 370. First thing you notice is the vastly improved interior, this is what the 350Z is sadly lacking, yeah the facelifts are better but they're still miles behind the 370Z. Didn't get to fully test the 370Z out but driving position is a tad better and power feels not that dissimilar to the 350Z HR.

Pete